Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #31
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Hi Sergey,

I still got trouble with SDK and 32-Bit emulator-Build on 64-Bit OpenSuse:

./makepc.sh

Code:
[66%] Building C object CMakeFiles/inkdemo.dir/cimages/images.c.o
Linking C executable inkdemo                                                                                                  
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_3'     
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_perform@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `png_set_gray_1_2_4_to_8'
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_pause@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/root/projects/sources/inkdemo/../../FRSCSDK/lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinfo@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [inkdemo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/inkdemo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Perhaps "libinkview.so" was linked to a different "libcurl.so" than the one my compiler uses, or what's up here?
Please, follow all the steps I specified in my previous post... Use my SDK, not pocketbook original, set up 32-bit libs from ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10 and do the rest steps. Everything should work fine.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 07-19-2011 at 05:07 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #32
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Perhaps "libinkview.so" was linked to a different "libcurl.so" than the one my compiler uses, or what's up here?
You may loook to my post at russian forum http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=703698#703698
for list of ubuntoo libraries you need and aditional LD_FLAGS (or look at my ebuild, more you need is at src_unpack function). It seams that ubuntoo libraries are not binary compatible with some other distributives.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #33
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Hi,

I'm trying to get into programming with sergeyvl12's unofficial SDK.

Almoust everything is working fine and I was able to compile the example apps with the "BUILD=arm_gnueabi" switch and run them on my PB903.
Great work, sergey! Thanks!

The problem I have now is that I would like to use "BUILD=emu" to test the apps locally on the PC, before copying them to the reader via USB, since it is really annoying to connect the USB cable, copy the app, disconnect the device again and run the app on the reader each time I made some changes to the code.
However, if I try to build the app with the emu-switch, it will compile without any errors, but as soon as I'm trying to run the app on the PC, I'm getting a bunch of error messages:

Code:
root@dragon: /home/test/projects/grays/obj_emu# ./grays
FT_New_Face: cannot open LiberationSans-Bold
FT_New_Face: cannot open LiberationSans
Segmentation fault
My PC is running Debian 32bit version (debian-6.0.2.1-i386) and I have installed the latest version of the custom SDK the way sergeyvl12 described it in his initial post.

Any help or suggestions how to get the emu-thing working would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by pbmaniac; 08-06-2011 at 10:57 AM.
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #34
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Go into the obj_emu directory, delete any system directory there, and then make a soft link to the system directory in the pocketbook installation directory:

Code:
ln -s /usr/local/pocketbook/system .
Or run your application in the /usr/local/pocketbook directory. It seems that the i386 version of libinkview.so looks for everything in ./system/
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #35
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Go into the obj_emu directory, delete any system directory there, and then make a soft link to the system directory in the pocketbook installation directory:

Code:
ln -s /usr/local/pocketbook/system .
Or run your application in the /usr/local/pocketbook directory. It seems that the i386 version of libinkview.so looks for everything in ./system/
Thanks for your reply. I've tried each one of your options but neither one worked for me
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #36
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, does the command:

Code:
ls ./system/fonts/
show the LiberationSans fonts as being there?
Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #37
pbmaniac
Enthusiast

Quote:
So, does the command:

Code:
ls ./system/fonts/
show the LiberationSans fonts as being there?

Yes, if I copy the compiled file grays to /usr/local/pocketbook, all the fonts are there when typing the above command, also LiberationSans.ttf and LiberationSansBold.ttf.

After fiddling around for nearly the whole day trying out different stuff, I've finally found out what the problem was! Now I can run the inkview program for example.

If someone else has the same problem, here's the solution: It seems to me that some files where missing in the system directory after installing the unofficial version...(at least in my case)...Not sure why this is, I'll have to check that some day when I have more time. I downloaded the PBSDK, copied the contents of system to the /usr/local/pocketbook directory while leaving the commons.mk file intact and now it's working just perfectly fine with the emulator after copying the compiled program to /usr/local/pocketbook. Thanks for your help. That got me on the right track.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #38
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaniac View Post
Yes, if I copy the compiled file grays to /usr/local/pocketbook, all the fonts are there when typing the above command, also LiberationSans.ttf and LiberationSansBold.ttf.
Hi!

No need to copy the compiled file somewhere.

The solution is simple:

1. Suppose you are in the obj_emu and compiled file is in this directory;
2. rm -rf system
3. ln -s /usr/local/pocketbook/system .
4. You can run your program from this directory ./program:

That's all...

You don't need additional files

Just, the directory from you run your program (current working directory) must contain "system" - link or copy of /usr/local/pocketbook/system.

P.S. Interesting thing. I still don't receive notifications fron this thread...

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #39
rkomar
Wizard

I modified the common.mk file to make the soft link automatically. I also changed it to define "IVSAPP", since the i386 version of libinkview.so seems to look for everything in ./system. Here's a patch for my changes.

Code:
--- common.mk.orig      2011-06-21 06:45:42.000000000 -0700
+++ common.mk   2011-08-08 23:45:11.550863003 -0700
@@ -29,12 +29,12 @@

ifeq ($(BUILD), emu)
 PROJECT = $(OBJDIR)/$(OUT)
-LIBS += -linkview -ljpeg -lfreetype -lz -lcurl -lpthread
+LIBS += -linkview
 INCLUDES += `freetype-config --cflags`
 CC  = gcc
-CFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -Wall -g -m32
+CFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32
 CXX = g++
-CXXFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -Wall -g -m32
+CXXFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32
 LD = g++
 LDFLAGS += -m32
 endif
@@ -54,6 +54,9 @@

$(OBJDIR):
        mkdir $(OBJDIR)
+ifeq ($(BUILD), emu)
+       ln -s $(SDKDIR)/system $(OBJDIR)/system
+endif

$(OBJDIR)/%.bmp.c.o: $(OBJDIR)/%.bmp.c
        $(CC) -c -o $@ $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $(CDEPS) $<
Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #40
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
P.S. Interesting thing. I still don't receive notifications fron this thread...
I don't think that I receive notifications for these, either.

Edit: Strike that. I did get a notification for this thread last night. Don't know why you are not.

Last edited by rkomar; 08-12-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Correcting wrong info.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #41
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I modified the common.mk file to make the soft link automatically. I also changed it to define "IVSAPP", since the i386 version of libinkview.so seems to look for everything in ./system. Here's a patch for my changes.

Code:
--- common.mk.orig      2011-06-21 06:45:42.000000000 -0700
+++ common.mk   2011-08-08 23:45:11.550863003 -0700
@@ -29,12 +29,12 @@

ifeq ($(BUILD), emu)
 PROJECT = $(OBJDIR)/$(OUT)
-LIBS += -linkview -ljpeg -lfreetype -lz -lcurl -lpthread
+LIBS += -linkview
 INCLUDES += `freetype-config --cflags`
 CC  = gcc
-CFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -Wall -g -m32
+CFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32
 CXX = g++
-CXXFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -Wall -g -m32
+CXXFLAGS += -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32
 LD = g++
 LDFLAGS += -m32
 endif
@@ -54,6 +54,9 @@

$(OBJDIR):
        mkdir $(OBJDIR)
+ifeq ($(BUILD), emu)
+       ln -s $(SDKDIR)/system $(OBJDIR)/system
+endif

$(OBJDIR)/%.bmp.c.o: $(OBJDIR)/%.bmp.c
        $(CC) -c -o $@ $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $(CDEPS) $<
Thanks!

This will be in the next version of SDK soon.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 AM   #42
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbsdk-1.0.7 released!
1. "system" link (thanks rkomar)!
2. ssl libs needed for links building for 3xx added to arm-linux;
3. Removed unneeded deps from inkview.h and common.mk;
4. IVSUPP flag added for emu.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #43
pbmaniac
Enthusiast

It seems that my system didn't find the libinkview.so in the lib32 directory, so I copied the file from this location to the /usr/local/lib directory. Afterwards, everything worked like a charm. Probably something wrong with my Debian installation
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #44
read365
Enthusiast
read365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to behold

Device: pocketbook pro 902, Jetbook Color 1
"BUILD=arm_gnueabi" is working Great, sergeyvl12 Thanks!
The problem I have now is that I would like to compile "BUILD=emu"

when i compile...

Code:
~/workspace/src/pb/inkdemo$ sudo make BUILD=emu
gcc -c -o obj_emu/inkdemo.c.o -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32  -MTobj_emu/inkdemo.c.o -MF`echo obj_emu/inkdemo.c.o | sed -e 's,\.o$,.d,'` -MD -MP inkdemo.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:27:0,
                 from inkdemo.c:5:
/usr/include/bits/ioctls.h:24:24: fatal error: asm/ioctls.h: file not found
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj_emu/inkdemo.c.o] error 1
i'm using debian_wheezy amd64

how can i working "BUILD=emu"...??
read365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #45
rkomar
Wizard

@read365: It looks like you are missing the kernel header files on your system. In Ubuntu, you need to add a package called something like "linux-libc-dev". It's probably named something similar in debian.