Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #16
Entu
Ice queen
Entu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks a lot SkyDream!

Yeah then i probably will go for 950 it will be better for my eyes imo
Entu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Here's a Youtube comparison of the Sony PRS-650 and the Kindle 3. It shows how the Sony excels with pdf files. But it also shows some operational differences between the two devices too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtrKo...eature=related
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #18
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'd keep the books in PDF format and use the Sony's PDF viewer features to maximize their readability.

often PDFs don't convert well in my experience.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entu View Post
Thanks a lot SkyDream!

Yeah then i probably will go for 950 it will be better for my eyes imo
It makes a difference. I have the PRS-900 and ordered the PRS-950 a couple of weeks ago. I will never buy another ebook reader with a less than 7-in screen. I think that's ideal for comfortable reading and still portable.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #20
Entu
Ice queen

Sadly they raise price today ( i was to order it at wednesday ) 40$ higher and 650 its not obtainable in Poland so sadly but again i probably won't buy any reader
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
We're in the same boat, Entu. I was planning on getting a 950 and the price went up! Keep your money saved and your eyes open though - they may have another sale before Christmas sometime.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #22
Entu
Ice queen

Or maybe i'm should reconsider Kindle, too bad it not read ePub format, eventually maybe any of others readers avilable on market. ( No i'm not really patient preson lol )

Last edited by Entu; 11-29-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #23
cliq
Nameless Being

I was planning to get 950 too and the price is up now so I am re-considering the options out there. Maybe going back to 650

Entu, it is better to wait. If you cant, get the 650!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #24
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
There are better choices

If your preferencebook is PDF it seems to be more appropriate to go for a bigger screen.
So what about the Pocket Pro 902/903?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #25
Entu
Ice queen

Not avilable in Poland also Pearl would be great ( but Sony or Kindle only atm ) i got most of my eBook collection in PDF but i can converse them into ePub/Mobi/other we have few programs to do that atm.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #26
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
If you're European based, unless you mainly read your books in English, I'd go for the Sony. Amazon format isn't used by anybody but Amazon, and their selection is mainly English. Epub is used by all European publishers.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #27
Entu
Ice queen

I can read book in english but it will not be pleasure experience for me, i can post on forums or read ansvers but thats all so i will read books in Polish 99% of time.

I'm find seller who will sell me PRS-650 it will cost me ( convering to dollars from PLN ) about 370$, bargian eeh but i don't have too much of choice here, someone proposed BeBook Neo but it cost 335$ here and it still have "old" eink screen.

Kindle got one adventage over Sony for me there is not trouble with Polish fonts, no need of any hacks in firmware for that but i'm read lots of comparison and opinions over net and Kidle seems to failure a 'bit'
Old 11-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #28
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
His English is much better than my Polish.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #29
Entu
Ice queen

I just ordered PRS-650 , my problem its solved

Thank you all for support