Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What unreliable narrative will we read in November? (Runoff)
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood 5 55.56%
Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #31
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I bought the audiobook of Alias Grace, narrated by Shelley Thompson. So count me in!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #32
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
That's good. I hope you enjoy it. I'm about halfway through a paperback borrowed from my library.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #33
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I've read this before and did not like. I will participate tangentially, as I don't want to just contribute negatively. Alas, I just do not like Margaret Atwood.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I've read this before and did not like. I will participate tangentially, as I don't want to just contribute negatively. Alas, I just do not like Margaret Atwood.
Atwood is something of a mixed bag for me. I liked Handmaid's Tale but I abandoned Oryx and Crake. So far, this isn't as compelling as the former, but it's certainly entertaining enough and I'm interested in following the various hints and strands and hoping the denouement pays off. I don't want to say more than that with more than ten days until the discussion.

Nothing wrong with a well-reasoned negative comment or three or ... !
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I haven't started yet. The only Atwood I've read is The Handmaid's Tale. What appealed to me about Alias Grace is the concept. I like novels about murder with female protagonists.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #36
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm well into it and really enjoying it. It sounds as if there should be the usual lively discussion!
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #37
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I just borrowed it from the library. However, I'm way behind. I started reading The House on the Strand today. Better late than never, I suppose. Hopefully I can catch up and be ready for the conversation on Alias Grace.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #38
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

There are times when we need special reading skates! I hope you enjoy both books.