Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
Text sharpness and darkness of Nova Pro

Hi,

I've heard that the flush screen costs some sharpnes/darkness of text for Nova Pro.

Can users say something about this? Is it OK or problematic? For example, when you compare with PW, text are sharper or not?

Thanks
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyasson View Post
Hi,

I've heard that the flush screen costs some sharpnes/darkness of text for Nova Pro.

Can users say something about this? Is it OK or problematic? For example, when you compare with PW, text are sharper or not?

Thanks

- In my opinion, "Nova Pro" screen looks a lot like the "Kindle Oasis" screen. Maybe they look like, because they use the glass-screen on it, I do not know, it remains to be verified.
* In any case, the screen is not worse than WP.

- Onyx Nova has 300@dpi anyway.
*300 dpi is still the maximum that we can meet on regular readers.

- The font is distinctive and black is really black.
10x zooming:
Spoiler:

- In addition, you can change the contrast in the settings.
* Possibility to configure contrast according to your preferences
Spoiler:

- I don't know if you can see the difference in the photo, but the "BOOX Nova Pro" has a little better contrast
"Nova Pro" vs "Inkpad 3" :
* BOOX Nova Pro is a little cleaner. But inkpad 3 is more similar to paper.
Spoiler:

- I do not see the problem with the color files.
*For example a komix in color or Nova Pro:
Spoiler:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10zooming.png
Views:	695
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	170790   Click image for larger version

Name:	contrast_text.png
Views:	702
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	170791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova_vs_Inkpad3.png
Views:	912
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	170792   Click image for larger version

Name:	NovaSreen.png
Views:	200
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	170793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova_Sreen.png
Views:	739
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	170794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova_Color_Komix.png
Views:	709
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	170795  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-19-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
Thank you for this photo-reply!

But to be honest, pics don't seem promising. Possibly, it is about pics, not the device...

A side-by-side photo with PW would be better, I guess. I really like PW's crispness and darkness of the text but, you know, it's a nightmare to read pdf on it. That's why I want a 7.8" device but rumors about the screen quality really prevent me
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyasson View Post
Thank you for this photo-reply!

But to be honest, pics don't seem promising. Possibly, it is about pics, not the device...

A side-by-side photo with PW would be better, I guess. I really like PW's crispness and darkness of the text but, you know, it's a nightmare to read pdf on it. That's why I want a 7.8" device but rumors about the screen quality really prevent me
- Yes I understand, it is difficult to judge the quality on an photo-image.
- I use Kindle Oasis almost 1 years and I can assure you that BOOX Nova Pro has better contrast.
* To have a good image, is not only "contrast", but also the "Shades of gray" (I advise you not choose less as x16)

- After, maybe "Kobo Forma" or Apple Ipad 2018 (color) can be a solution for you. It depends on your requirements

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-19-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #5
Operations
Operations began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
I'd be interested to know how does additional layer for pen affect contrast in comparison to regular Nova. Does anyone have or had both readers?
Operations is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert