Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
omf
omf began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile 6
Multiple libraries on Calibre server?

I've split up my ebook collection into two major categories and would like to be able to share both via Calibre's server function. Can this be enabled directly within Calibre? If not, is it possible to run two instances of Calibre on the same machine -each serving a different library?
omf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by omf View Post
I've split up my ebook collection into two major categories and would like to be able to share both via Calibre's server function. Can this be enabled directly within Calibre?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omf View Post
If not, is it possible to run two instances of Calibre on the same machine -each serving a different library?
Yep, using the calibre-server.exe command line utility. Note, you'll have to assign different port numbers for each calibre-server instance.

calibre-server - calibre User Manual
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
omf
omf began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile 6
Thanks for the response - I'll give it a try.
omf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Tech Guy
Leftcoast, USA
Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 2 XL, Basic Kindle
Thank you

Thanks for your answer; within 5 minutes of joining, I found the perfect solution to the problem I was investigating.

I wanted to divide my library into technical manuals and pleasure reading (thankfully, there's a difference for me), but wanted to only share the pleasure reading with friends and family.

Note that this works on Linux if you leave out the ".exe" part. I tried it out, and it worked perfectly.

Marty Fried
Left coast, Calif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yep, using the calibre-server.exe command line utility. Note, you'll have to assign different port numbers for each calibre-server instance.

calibre-server - calibre User Manual
Tech Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
I have two Calibre libraries - Calibre Library and Calibre PDF - and I use Marvin or Megareader on my iPad to access these libraries via my wifi network to desktop PC, which has to be running to link up. This works fine but access is only to the library last opened in Calibre when desktop last turned off as I have Calibre Server in my PC SETUP to enable when booting up PC. I would like to access both libraries from my PC - one with epubs and the other with PDFs. Do I need to open two versions of Calibre Server each pointing to a different library. If so, how do I do this?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert