Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #31
Cengizhan Gunes
Cengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheese

Device: onyx
Anybody waiting the boyue mimas?
Cengizhan Gunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #32
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cengizhan Gunes View Post
Anybody waiting the boyue mimas?
ME!! they said it will sell on their aliexpress store, but I have not seen still, do you know when? https://likebook.aliexpress.com/store/3333002
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #33
parkher
Addict
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note, Kobo Aura One/H2O/HD, Sony PRS T2/T1, PocketBook 902
I have Note, and I think the main advantage of it is the flexible screen - for the first time I feel completely relaxed, not afraid to break the screen. Until now all my readers had glass screens.

Now I need a second one. I am very suspicious of Note Plus.
Note Plus has glass on top of the screen, so there is danger of cracking it or breaking, and with such a big 10.3" screen, it really should be super rigid (with heavy metal frame?) to avoid cracking the screen.
I think the main advantage of the flexible screen is gone.
It is a very expensive reader with a big glass surface and with it you cannot afford to doze off when reading.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Actually, I don't use stylus at all so I am thinking about Note Lite now.
As I understand it, in all other respects it is exactly the same as Note?

As to this Boyue Mimas thing: do I understand it correctly that it has the same flexible screen and no glass, even though with the front light?
The memory card up to 128 GB and buttons - the must have things for me, so I am very interested.
I don't need front light though. And white is unacceptable, if I get it I will try to paint it black or just use some black tape - the screen appears to be so much whiter then.

I grew to love the native Neo reader on my Onyx Boox Note.
I wonder if it is possible to get it separately and install on Mimas.
Neo reader is the best for pdf, I tried many different readers and none comes even close.
I mean - for reading pdf "books" if I may call them that: they do not require any zooming - pdfs generated for sizes equal to the original paper book sizes.
As to epub and other proper non-fixed ebook formats, Neo reader is still pretty good but there are alternatives.

Last edited by parkher; 11-28-2018 at 09:11 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:46 AM   #34
gbgbgb
gbgbgb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Is the Boox Gulliver available for sale in the US?
Anyone got their hands on one? There's a price tag?

Spec-wise Gulliver seems like the Note minus sound (no speakers/microphone/mp3/wav) though still weighing the same 325gr.
gbgbgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #35
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
Great!
If it doesn't connect to Google, that would be one of THE reasons for me to buy it!
the "activate google play" button is piss take.

looking in the apps page it can be seen that the device is sending tons of data to google.
deactivatin and stopping the google apps has only effect (if at all) uo to the next reboot
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #36
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Is there a way to permanently deactivate the google shit on the device?
Do I have to root the device for that?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #37
crAss
Enthusiast
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Small question. Is there any reason to use a screen protector with note+? Is it possible to scratch the glass with the pen?
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyc boox note, onyx boox note plus