Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo TouchC
Exclamation FLOSS PDF editing tool or also: Need a Miracle

Hello there,

I need a FLOSS PDF editor, or one that simply runs on Linux. I figure that making the circunvent PDF --> DjVu --> Edit DjVU --> PDF would also work for me if it is the only alternative.

I explain myself:

I'm now a proud owner of a Kobo TouchC, running a 800 MHz Freescale i.MX508, trying to read a 1460 page pdf file on nickel, the stock app.

So far my experience with pdf on Kobos had been ok. Not great, but ok. But this one is either to large of a file or the fact that it has a hidden text layer is confusing my device.

What happens is that while trying to reposition each page, as it is necessary on the kobo, the hidden text is rendered first instead of the image. It wil some what freeze there until I put the device to sleep and waken it back to a fully redered image - go figure -, by which point I have probably lost my line of thaught.

I'm am fairly sure that just deleting the hidden text layer would resolve my problem, it is garbage anyways since it was generated by and ORC from Adobe Garamond Italic with a lot of ligatures. But I wasn't able to find any tool that can do this job outside of Adobe.

So, any ideas?
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hidden files, hidden objects, hidden text, pdf editor