Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Speaking of rants: Over, would you get rid of that @#$% bug?!?!?!?!? I've almost swatted my monitor twice already!!!!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Speaking of rants: Over, would you get rid of that @#$% bug?!?!?!?!? I've almost swatted my monitor twice already!!!!

try fly spray ..... better than the coffee stains I've got from all the laughs....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Thanks goodness for FireFox and Adblock. I've blocked all sorts of annoying and repulsive graphics people seem to think are funny. Thankfully, posters here seem to have some taste at least. I think the bug is the only image I've blocked on MR.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For some reason, I didn't think of that. Probably a caffeine deficiency. Debugged.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #20
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Callea View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted for the input. It makes me feel better.
I'm sorry, but I have to say this:

"If you are in the author business to get warm fuzzies, what were you thinking?"

If you want nothing but praise and 5 star ratings, don't let anyone but your family and close friends read your stuff.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:

P.S. I just bought the book on the theory that anything that ticks off a religious whacko that much has to be worth reading.
If that's all it takes to get you to buy a book, you must be Evelyn Woods' star student.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #22
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

I don't read everything that's worth reading.

(I do, however, read faster than the supposed average, which helps)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #23
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Thanks goodness for FireFox and Adblock. I've blocked all sorts of annoying and repulsive graphics people seem to think are funny. Thankfully, posters here seem to have some taste at least. I think the bug is the only image I've blocked on MR.
Is there anything similar for Google Chrome, do you know?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #24
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Is there anything similar for Google Chrome, do you know?

Regards, Alex
I think this is the same thing. It says "Your favorite feature in Firefox finally comes to Chrome!"
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #25
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Good for you and for everyone who shares your taste and sense of humor.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Anything that upsets a member of the far right "christian" Taliban, must be good!
I won't go so far to say that it's good for sure, but there are good chances
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #27
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I think this is the same thing. It says "Your favorite feature in Firefox finally comes to Chrome!"
Thanks for the link ! I did not know about this extension !
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #28
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
If you aren't offending someone, you aren't trying hard enough.

Who wants to read a book that doesn't have some kind of point of view, even if it's portrayed through the lens of a character? And just because I disagree with it, that doesn't necessarily mean I won't enjoy the book.

Yeah, the one-star reviews sting, but you have to just move on. You won't please everyone.
I am compelled to agree. I am as interested in books that offend the religious right as I am in those that offend the religious left. I am only amused by books that offend the agnostic fence-sitters.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

There are two kinds of books that offend people: Those that have a very strong and controversial point of view or message, and those that are just plain offensive. In either case, though, they're more likely to be interesting than inoffensive pablum.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #30
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I don't think the reviewer was offended. The book just wasn't his cup of tea and he only found out after buying the book.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote