Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
kcnightfang
kcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-900 but selling to move to and Ipad
Sony Customer Support

Sony customer support is pretty fail. I'm getting a PRS-900 for Christmas and my dad orders on the 18th. I hear the ship date starts the 22nd, so I have him check then to see when my ship date is. There's no record of the order. None. No confirmation email, nothing. So he emails customer support, they can't find it tell him to call. He calls, they can't find it, so he orders again last night and they tell him that he can get free shipping. Today he checks the confirmation email to see when the new ship date is. It's January 15th. And the free shipping they told him about? Standard free shipping.

That's not acceptable since they lost the order. They should have at LEAST upgraded the shipping to free overnight shipping, and I think they should have backdated the order to the 18th and given us a ship date based on that. I don't even have a ebook reader of any kind yet, and I'm already unhappy with their customer service. I just wish they would put some effort into it and maybe learn from Apple. :/ Oh, well... They say patience is a virtue.
kcnightfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I hate to play devil's advocate on something like this, but it is entirely possible that the order wasn't placed the first time. Order confirmation e-mails usually come within a minute of hitting "Submit" from the review order page. If he accidentally took the review order page as 'you submitted your order', it would explain why the order never made it into the system (I've nearly done it myself the first couple times I've ordered directly from them).

The downside is that even if they could back-date the order automatically (someone would have to call to try to do that), it doesn't actually get you a faster ship date if the first batch that they got prior to the 15th of Jan were already spoken for and shipped.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
kcnightfang
kcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it is

Yeah, that is true. My dad isn't the most computer savvy person, but he was sure he did place the order. It could have been just a moment of downtime. Either way, it's lame/

I thought of that. I would have been fine if they just upgraded the shipping, which shouldn't be a big deal, but they wouldn't. Oh well, I'll just enjoy opening it more for all the wait lol.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnightfang View Post
Yeah, that is true. My dad isn't the most computer savvy person, but he was sure he did place the order. It could have been just a moment of downtime. Either way, it's lame/
That's unfortunate this happend.

But, I can see where Sony is coming from. I could call them tomorrow and tell them that I ordered a month ago.. so I should get free shipping etc. If there is absolutely no record of this, no credit card transaction, no email, no order number...

Oh well... in a year it won't matter that you had to wait a few extra weeks to get it... even though it sucks right now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
kcnightfang

Yeah, I know. A few more weeks isn't that bad and I had to wait for presents two years in a row before because I bought used guitars online lol.
Advert