Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Ha3hem
Ha3hem began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader Prs-505
Smile How can I read Farsi(Persian) Ebooks on my Sony ereader 505 ?

Hi all.

I'm from Iran.
How can I read Farsi(Persian) Ebooks on my Sony ereader 505 ?

Best Regards.
Ha3hem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Hi Ha3hem, welcome to the forum.

As for reading farsi (i.e. non latin characters ) in the sony, I believe currently the only way to do that without hacking it is to use PDF, either with the fonts embeded, or with the pages as images.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
leveck
Literate Gadget Fan
leveck is on a distinguished road

Device: Vulan Flipstart, Sony PRS 505
Cool

Along those lines, you can use acrobat pro to export pdf to jpg files, zip them, change extension to cbz and use comic2lrf which comes with calibre.

This resizes the images to right size for screen.
leveck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Both of the tools I have found for creating Sony LRF ebooks assume a left to right reading format. Therefore, the way I would make them would be to set up the word processor using either an OpenType, TrueType or ATM Type 1 Farsi font and output the to Adobe Acrobat scaled for the Sony Reader with embedded fonts.

Once you have a PDF scaled for the Reader there is no reason to change it to anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Guide for creating PDFs for the Reader rev 1.1.pdf (1,019.0 KB, 1008 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
Tommo43
Enthusiast
Tommo43 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
Which version of word are you using . I have office 2003 and the properties of the print Adobepdf does not have a facility for creating a custom page

Bob Thomas
Tommo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook reader, farsi, iran, persian, sony ereader prs 505