Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
ebookfab
ebookfab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS505, Sony 650, Sony PRS T1
Text search in PRS500

I am a new owner of a Sony PRS500 and a newbie on this site. Also own EBW1150 and Palm TX. Use all of them for reading.

Question - Is there any hack making it possible to search for text in the PRS500? If I read on my TX while waiting for appointment, I need to be able to find my place in the PRS500 when I get back home.

Thanks for any info.

Fred
ebookfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, ebookfab, welcome to MobileRead!

I'm afraid there aren't any existent text search hacks for the Sony Readers, and if it were possible to do via a simple hack, I expect we'd have seen one by now.

I can offer a suggestion that may or may not be helpful to you.

You can do the search of your text in the Connect Software on your PC. That will get you to the right page, and you can then re-transfer the book to your 500, which will get you on the right page in it.

It's not a particularly eloquent work-around, but it may be good enough for what you need to do, you'll have to decide that for yourself, of course.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can search using Connect (or Ebook Library) and then go to the same page on the 500. But remember to have the font size set the same in the emulator as you do for the book on the 500. The other trick is to end your reading on the TX art a chapter boundary and just go to that chapter on the 500.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
ebookfab
ebookfab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS505, Sony 650, Sony PRS T1
Thank you. While not "eloquent" it is a work-around that works and I appreciate hearing from you.

Fred
ebookfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You're welcome, glad to help!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert