Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
mspark
mspark began at the beginning.

Device: kindal
New York Times recipe fail - bad login

Today, my NYT recipe failed and the log shows incorrect username/password but I can log in to the NYT website. My account is "Free All Digital Access (for Home Delivery)" I tried it from both a PC and mac computer. Any ideas?
mspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Same thing happening to me. I know my login is correct....
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
mspark
mspark began at the beginning.

Device: kindal
Seems to be working again this morning, though I really don't want to read the news now ... probably not for 4 years.
mspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspark View Post
Seems to be working again this morning, though I really don't want to read the news now ... probably not for 4 years.
Not for me... still getting this same error:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Your username and password are incorrect (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1064, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\recipe_ input.py", line 118, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 887, in __init__
File "<string>", line 386, in get_browser
Exception: Your username and password are incorrect
Old 11-09-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's probably because you are using a custom recipe instead of the builtin one, which I updated to remove the login check.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #6
NSILMike
Guru

Yup! Thanks.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
lcripe
lcripe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle White
NYT only downloading 33% and then hangs

In the last week, I am having problems downloading the NYT with Calibre. It will download to 33% and then hangs up and will not complete the download although it keeps running. I have not changed anything except update the program. I have tried repairing and even uninstalled and reinstalled. My info for the login is correct. I have not customized anything. Any suggestions as to what may be going on and what I need to do to correct it?
lcripe is offline   Reply With Quote