Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I tend to read in bed or on the bus so snacking is out in both places - just as well. I once nearly ate a cardboard collectible in a packet of corn chips while I was reading a pbook. I also do not need any more excuses to snack.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figwit View Post
I once nearly ate a cardboard collectible in a packet of corn chips while I was reading a pbook.
A woman in Belgium once choked on a 'flippo' (pog) while she was watching television and snacking at the same time .

Since then my mum always scolded me for eating while reading (or is it reading while eating ). But I've taken up this habit again now that I live on my own, especially when I'm eating alone.

As for the other thing, I don't tend to spend that much time on the toilet but I always take my reader with me.

Last edited by Iridal; 12-22-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I think of e-reading as going with snazzy libation rather than eats.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
I dislike greasy fingerprints on anything. So I munch with one hand and turn pages with the other--unless of course if I take my reader into the Library--where no food should be considered.
Ditto!
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #20
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apikoros18 View Post
Do you use your e-reader on the Family Throne?
More fiber and fewer cheetos in the diet, and you probably wouldn't need to be on there long enough to reach for your ereader. :P

I have used my kindle in the tub though!
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #21
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Don't have a problem with eating while reading although I tend not to.

The only problem I have with reading in the toilet is that I tend to stay too long and it apparently isn't that great to sit on the throne too long. Having said that - done it plenty of times.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:30 AM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWriter View Post
More fiber and fewer cheetos in the diet, and you probably wouldn't need to be on there long enough to reach for your ereader. :P

I have used my kindle in the tub though!
vizsla!!! there have been an increasing number that have been coming out to the puppy park where I am at! fun dogs!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #23
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I haven't done much snacking and reading in the past, so I don't really see it being much of an issue with an ereader.

I am concerned with smoking, though. I've been delaying quitting for a few months and am thinking that keeping my ereader from getting a patina of tar might be a little bit of useful motivation. I don't smoke in the same room as the computer, and that's working out nicely, so the extra effort to not smoke while reading could be helpful.

However those plans go, I don't intend to jinx it all by making a New Year's resolution.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I bought a used 505 from e-bay as my first device ... it reeked of smoke! I wrote the selling company that although everything else about the transaction was terrific, I couldn't in good conscience give them the good review; they forfeited that. They wrote back: "Thanks for bringing it to our attention."

The smell did lessen over time, but not completely.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
vizsla!!! there have been an increasing number that have been coming out to the puppy park where I am at! fun dogs!
Hah, cool! Most people don't know the breed, and they're always asking me what kind of dogs I have.
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWriter View Post
Hah, cool! Most people don't know the breed, and they're always asking me what kind of dogs I have.
there are two that are directly (along with their owners!) from Hungary even!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote