Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2016, 02:55 AM   #61
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Yes, you are right. I've looked at the calibre-generated XML file again. The value of "Date" column in calibre GUI is indeed available as <published> in the XML file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
Hello S. Baylor

according to Kovid, the date added is already part of the opds feed:

Kovidgoyal;3390861 -The date added is part of the OPDS acquisition feed as <published>

So please integrate it into the data twhen importing from the Calibre OPDS

Thanks and best regards

Thomas
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #62
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
sbaylor,

Any reply to my question in post 56?
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #63
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Any chanc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Yes, you are right. I've looked at the calibre-generated XML file again. The value of "Date" column in calibre GUI is indeed available as <published> in the XML file.
Hello Baylor
is there any hange t integrate this date into BM; also my other topic is still open (concernin series when loading from Calibre OPDS feed

Thanks
Thomas
thomasmorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #64
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
I'm following your recommendation and using PC Upload to get my ePubs into MR. However, your first answer to Thomas above leads me to conclude that if I upload an ePub but later I have to make a slight change in the metadata and upload it again, MR does NOT overwrite the previous uploaded file but installs the new version in addition so I'll end up with two ePub files of the same book. Am I understanding it correctly?
I think calibre no longer overwrties (at least by default) the original EPUB file when you change its metadata within calibre. Thus, if you transfer the file via PC Upload again, you'll get a duplicated status in the PC Upload View, implying that there is still only one copy of the same EPUB file.

Last edited by sbaylor; 09-15-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 09-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #65
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

OK. I'll play around with one book to see what happens. Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #66
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
Hello Baylor
is there any hange t integrate this date into BM; also my other topic is still open (concernin series when loading from Calibre OPDS feed

Thanks
Thomas
Yes, we'll consider an enhancement to take care of <published> date, probably in the release after the upcoming one.

As for the series question, please see post #55. Please pick just ONE book and follow my suggestion there, and tell me what happens.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 AM   #67
sbaylor
Addict

New scenes and themes you may download for free

Do you know that with MapleRead you can download scenes and themes as well as books from OPDS catalogs?
Give it a try.
  1. Go to WebSites tab of Exchange view
  2. Choose OPDS segment
  3. Tap Sample Scenes and Themes
  4. Download one or more items as if they were books
Old 09-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #68
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Book Size Limitation?

I just uploaded my Calibrè library to MR on my iPad. All the books were uploaded except one that is 332 MB in size. Is there a limitation on the size of a book that can be uploaded?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #69
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
I think calibre no longer overwrties (at least by default) the original EPUB file when you change its metadata within calibre. Thus, if you transfer the file via PC Upload again, you'll get a duplicated status in the PC Upload View, implying that there is still only one copy of the same EPUB file.
I just realized I didn't mention I haven't been using the ePub file DIRECTLY from the Calibrè library. What I did (basically so I could track what had been uploaded) was use Calibrè's Save to Disk function to save the ePUB version to a folder on my desktop. I would then drag-and-drop from that folder to the PC Upload tab in my web browser.

I did determine that changing the metadata of a book, and then uploading the book again to MR does not replace the copy there.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #70
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Do you know that with MapleRead you can download scenes and themes as well as books from OPDS catalogs?
Give it a try.
  1. Go to WebSites tab of Exchange view
  2. Choose OPDS segment
  3. Tap Sample Scenes and Themes
  4. Download one or more items as if they were books
I like it.

BTW, from an App Store screenshot I've noticed that PC Upload can also support those BMD files (of scenes or themes). PC Upload is really handy, as you can't transfer those BMD files via Calibre Content Server (which is of course not a fault of calibre per se).
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #71
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
I just uploaded my Calibrè library to MR on my iPad. All the books were uploaded except one that is 332 MB in size. Is there a limitation on the size of a book that can be uploaded?
Yes, the size limit is 200MB per book for PC Upload only. No limit for download from OPDS or HTML websites.

Last edited by sbaylor; 09-20-2016 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #72
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Yes, the size limit is 200MB.
So what is to be done with larger books? Is there another ePub reader that can handle large books?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:06 AM   #73
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Actually, you are the first user who has ever reported running into such a limit.

It turns out that once we relax the internal size limit, importing a file 332MB in size is not a problem. The limit check code was put there long time ago for some reasons. As soon as we have time to make sure that it is safe to raise or drop the limit, we'll make it available in a future app release.

To clarify again, this issue is only applicable for PC Upload, but NOT for other import/download methods.

Last edited by sbaylor; 09-20-2016 at 02:10 AM. Reason: add clarification
Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #74
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Yes, I was surprised at the size of the book which I think is due to the extensive graphics vs. text in other books.

Ah, only for PC Upload, huh? I guess I could try one of the other methods.

Oh, BTW, I'm getting ready to update my iMac to macOS Sierra and iDevices to iOS 10.0.1; any MR concerns with iOS 10 or interactions with a Mac running Sierra that you may have heard about?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #75
rGiskard
rGiskard began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 4, Nexus 7 2013, iPhone 6 Plus
Performance issues on a 6 Plus. Page turns between chapters show a brief progress indicator.

Nice appearance. Word definitions! But they are confused by punctuation.

No way to test OPDS access since it's a paid option, but it seems easy to set up.

Last edited by rGiskard; 09-25-2016 at 04:15 PM.
rGiskard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread