Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #841
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
I don't remember what I had or hadn't done, but it works perfectly fine
you might want to try the other one again btw, where you can set brightness percentages and such. You'll need to reboot your device for any change you make to the nightmode.ini file.

I, like jackie_w, have commented out everything except toggle, and set that to 100.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #842
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
The ghosting varies from Kobo model to Kobo model. I set screen refresh to 1 (every screen). On my original Kobo Aura, there's almost no ghosting; on my Kobo Aura HD, however, there's quite a bit.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #843
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The Aura was a special snowflake as far as how the screen was driven, so a different behavior is normal, although the fact that someone finds it to be dealing with nightmode better is interesting .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #844
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The Aura was a special snowflake as far as how the screen was driven, so a different behavior is normal, although the fact that someone finds it to be dealing with nightmode better is interesting .
You mean the Regal waveform stuff. I seem to remember that some of the newer Kobo ereaders also implement it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #845
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not in the same way, AFAICT, it was somewhat rolled into automagic stuff in the driver, which wasn't the case on the Aura (and isn't the case on Kindles).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #846
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yes, despite the lower resolution than new models, the original Aura is the Kobo I keep going back to: the screen is great, I like that it's flush with the bezel, the pinch to increase font size and the two-finger vertical swipe to adjust brightness are handy, and it has very little ghosting. I use sans-seif fonts (because I have astigmatism) and the lower resolution really isn't obvious with those. The original Aura, of course, also has a Micro SD slot; I've got a 32GB card in it. Lovely device (and the battery is still great after all these years of significant use). And, as I said earlier, it gives great results with the night-mode hack.

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 11-04-2018 at 12:28 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #847
darki-t
Darki
darki-t began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 Ed 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Tested in Aura H2O with v.4.6.10075. Instructions and installation file:

- Copy the nightmode.png file from the archive to your flash root
- Safely disconnect your kobo reader from the computer
- After these steps you can see the nightmode icon on your kobo home screen or in your library. Open this icon in your reader before continue installation. You will see just a full-screen picture. Continue installation only if you can see it.
- Copy KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo folder
- safely disconnect

Now when you choose nightmode picture, it switch night mode! Press the image again to return to normal mode.
After having installed following the above instructions, I can happily confirm it works on Aura H2O Edition 2, firmware version 4.10.11655 (2018-08-28), device No N867770108xxx.
darki-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 AM   #848
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is anyone using nightmode for the H2O on firmware version 4.12.12111?

I install the nightmode H2O tgz, it rebooted and created the ini. I set the percent to 100 and timeout to 3 in the ini. I restarted the H20. I set brightness to 100% (using the GUI) and nothing happened. I tried 3%, nothing happened. I waited 10 seconds both times.

Any suggestions?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #849
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is anyone using nightmode for the H2O on firmware version 4.12.12111?

I install the nightmode H2O tgz, it rebooted and created the ini. I set the percent to 100 and timeout to 3 in the ini. I restarted the H20. I set brightness to 100% (using the GUI) and nothing happened. I tried 3%, nothing happened. I waited 10 seconds both times.

Any suggestions?

I can’t help you with your specific problem, but:
Are you aware there is a patch that allows nightmode to be enabled and disabled with a checkbox in the reading settings? It should be part of geek1011’s standard patching package.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:36 AM   #850
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I can’t help you with your specific problem, but:
Are you aware there is a patch that allows nightmode to be enabled and disabled with a checkbox in the reading settings? It should be part of geek1011’s standard patching package.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:51 AM   #851
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You’re welcome
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #852
Jedi
Enthusiast
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
This hack works on the Aura HD, Aura, Glo, Touch, and Mini.
Does this work on kobo glo HD? Cause i tried and couldn't install it..
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #853
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
could you please write the name of this patch, or even better, link it? I'm searching for something like this since since I got my KAO.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:41 AM   #854
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
could you please write the name of this patch, or even better, link it? I'm searching for something like this since since I got my KAO.
Look there https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313422

Try it, it´s easyer as you think!

Last edited by jamalau; 12-22-2018 at 06:46 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:24 AM   #855
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
jamalau has given you the link to the patching system for 4.12.12111. The name of the patch you need to enable is Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch