Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #1
Klauser5
Klauser5 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Unable to read converted Kobo books?

As the title says, I am unable to read Kobo bought books with removed DRM through the Calibre library. When I try to, it gives me a warning saying that 'This book is locked by DRM'. I have properly removed the DRM, and the books work fine on non-Kobo/Adobe authorised eBook readers, including by just launching the Calibre reader directly and skipping over the library, so is there any way I can fix this?

Last edited by Klauser5; 10-16-2018 at 03:35 AM.
Klauser5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser5 View Post
As the title says, I am unable to read Kobo bought books with removed DRM through the Calibre library. When I try to, it gives me a warning saying that 'This book is locked by DRM'. I have properly removed the DRM, and the books work fine on non-Kobo/Adobe authorised eBook readers, including by just launching the Calibre reader directly and skipping over the library, so is there any way I can fix this?
It is against MR policy to give help with DRM removal. Go where you got that help.
(If Calibre thinks there is DRM, then it did not really go right)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Klauser5: As @theducks said, we can't really help with debugging DRM removal related issues here. But, have you checked if a never-DRM protected book works when added? There is an occasional issue where this error occurs when it shouldn't. Sometimes restarting the device will fix it. But, it tends to occur when the database on the device has become corrupted and that has to be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm, ebook, kobo, problems, removed