Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
Ebook-viewer constantly cuts off the last line of text

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or my preferences are messed up or I can't find the proper checkbox to get rid of this but I have a problem with the last line of my Epub ebooks being cut when reading books on my computer using the E-book viewer application.

This is what's driving me nuts:

and then if you go to the next page, the top is the other cut off portion:

Sometimes it chops that last line in a way that you can't even read it.

How do I fix this? Why doesn't Ebook Viewer shift that last line that doesn't fit onto the next page? It makes Ebook Viewer unusable to me.

Thanks!
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBr View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or my preferences are messed up or I can't find the proper checkbox to get rid of this but I have a problem with the last line of my Epub ebooks being cut when reading books on my computer using the E-book viewer application.
...~~~...

How do I fix this? Why doesn't Ebook Viewer shift that last line that doesn't fit onto the next page? It makes Ebook Viewer unusable to me.
I just switched to Flow Mode on a book and ran into the same thing. I never read with the viewer in Flow mode. Toggle the scroll icon in the top right corner to Page mode and you won't have this issue anymore.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I just switched to Flow Mode on a book and ran into the same thing. I never read with the viewer in Flow mode. Toggle the scroll icon in the top right corner to Page mode and you won't have this issue anymore.
It happens in page mode. If you take a look at the above screenshot, you can tell it's in page mode. It has something to do with non-reflowable content:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1782861

file sample: https://my.mixtape.moe/hhpubo.epub

If you take a webpage or a text file and you convert it into an epub with calibre's tools, it will suffer from these issues when viewed with Ebook-Viewer.

I've re-associated my epubs with another app so I don't have to convert books back & forth to find a way to get rid of this non-reflowable content flag.

Last edited by MelBr; 07-21-2018 at 02:51 PM.
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote