Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #42616
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Good news, it seems my uncle has decided against taking the court case any further. The letter he/his lawyer should have send to notify us should have been send by bailiff. Neither us, my aunt or our lawyers received a letter. So our lawyer thinks it's safe to assume my uncle is not appealing.

It hasn't yet sunk in. And we're certain he's going to make things difficult until we have bought the house and my grandmother's estate has been taken care of.

I'm kinda expecting him to start another court case, not sure on hat grounds he could do that. But we've been doing the court thing for six years now, it's difficult to gelieve that part is over.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Late to the party, but really pleased to hear this

Fingers crossed that there's only a limited amount of trouble he can cause now.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #42617
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Late to the party, but really pleased to hear this

Fingers crossed that there's only a limited amount of trouble he can cause now.
Thank you.

While everybody is happy and celebrating I just can't. I'm waiting for my uncle to pull another stunt.

On Monday my aunt and father have an appointment at the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate. One of the things that is going to be discussed is that one judge has ruled that everyone is supposed to pay for their own lawyers and that my uncle misused his conservatorship by starting this whole thing. The judge wasn't clear but it could be interpreted that my uncle has to pay ALL of his lawyer's fees, not just the part from after my grandmother's death. If the solicitor agrees that means my uncle will have to pay back a lot more than the €5000 he owes for insurances and sex dating sites. We'll try, but are expecting he will never pay the lawyer's fees and probably fight tooth and nail so he won't have to pay the €5000 either.

They're also going to request that the solicitor will deal with my uncle separately, so my aunt and father won't have to come face to face with him.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #42618
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Thank you.

While everybody is happy and celebrating I just can't. I'm waiting for my uncle to pull another stunt.

On Monday my aunt and father have an appointment at the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate. One of the things that is going to be discussed is that one judge has ruled that everyone is supposed to pay for their own lawyers and that my uncle misused his conservatorship by starting this whole thing. The judge wasn't clear but it could be interpreted that my uncle has to pay ALL of his lawyer's fees, not just the part from after my grandmother's death. If the solicitor agrees that means my uncle will have to pay back a lot more than the €5000 he owes for insurances and sex dating sites. We'll try, but are expecting he will never pay the lawyer's fees and probably fight tooth and nail so he won't have to pay the €5000 either.

They're also going to request that the solicitor will deal with my uncle separately, so my aunt and father won't have to come face to face with him.

I'm trying to remember--is there any distribution, at all, owed him either from the original debacle, or the estate? He, the uncle, has "control" over whatever actual liquid assets were in that estate, is that right? That's how he abused it so badly in the first place?

I'm trying to think, obviously, of how you could force the situation, or at least withold a distribution until you recover some of it. I mean, for the love of heaven, online sex sites????? What type of conservator or executor or whatever thinks it's okay to charge THAT to an estate?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #42619
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My father and aunt went to the solicitor today. The first thing he's going to do is transfer the ownership of the house to my father (he can do that legally), that way my uncle can't touch it.

The solicitor isn't sure if my uncle has to pay back all the lawyer's fees, but at least he has to pay the court costs (for starting a court case, etc). My father's going to ask our lawyer about the judges ruling, if she thinks it also means my uncle has to pay back all of the costs. Right now my uncle owes €5000 for sex dating sites and insurances. If he has to pay back his lawyer's fees it will add another €45000! My uncle won't be able to pay that back, but just the thought he owes it is nice.

It'll take a while to get the ball rolling according to the solicitor, at least a month.

I've decided to treat myself to a couple of days away in March; my January vacation being messed up half way because I got sick. I'm going to Rotterdam for a couple of days and I'm going to stay at the same capsule hotel I did in 2018, I really liked that.

Right now I'm going to continue watching Hellier (watched the first episode last night) and diamond paint for a while.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #42620
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My father and aunt went to the solicitor today. The first thing he's going to do is transfer the ownership of the house to my father (he can do that legally), that way my uncle can't touch it.

The solicitor isn't sure if my uncle has to pay back all the lawyer's fees, but at least he has to pay the court costs (for starting a court case, etc). My father's going to ask our lawyer about the judges ruling, if she thinks it also means my uncle has to pay back all of the costs. Right now my uncle owes €5000 for sex dating sites and insurances. If he has to pay back his lawyer's fees it will add another €45000! My uncle won't be able to pay that back, but just the thought he owes it is nice.

It'll take a while to get the ball rolling according to the solicitor, at least a month.

I've decided to treat myself to a couple of days away in March; my January vacation being messed up half way because I got sick. I'm going to Rotterdam for a couple of days and I'm going to stay at the same capsule hotel I did in 2018, I really liked that.

Right now I'm going to continue watching Hellier (watched the first episode last night) and diamond paint for a while.
Hellier? Is that on Netflix?

I'm giggling a bit--so undignified--about Unc owing $45K. That would be SOOO fun...perhaps you could suggest that he could earn it back, so that he could pay you, by working at a M/M sex line????

Hitch
Old 02-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #42621
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hellier? Is that on Netflix?

I'm giggling a bit--so undignified--about Unc owing $45K. That would be SOOO fun...perhaps you could suggest that he could earn it back, so that he could pay you, by working at a M/M sex line????

Hitch
You can watch Hellier on YouTube.

LOL about the sex line. Tbh, we're know there's a chance he won't pay the €5000, at the very least it will take a huge effort. However, the solicitor is on our side. He should he impartial, but that is always difficult when you've jet my uncle in person.

But it will be nice if my uncle owes the estate money, have that hanging over him, not knowing what we'll decide to do.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #42622
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Updating all my case files and case notes from court yesterday. I had another case end with the death of a party by suicide so I'm strongly considering what I plan to drink tonight.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #42623
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Owwww. Huggs.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #42624
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Updating all my case files and case notes from court yesterday. I had another case end with the death of a party by suicide so I'm strongly considering what I plan to drink tonight.
Yes, that's tough.

I recommend something that will relax you but not give you a cranking hangover tomorrow. Believe me, before I gave up the Demon Rum, I had enough of those for both of us.

Hitch
Old 02-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #42625
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Scouring the news to see if the Second Coming of Christ is happening. While out driving, I saw a guy walking along the side of the road dragging a full size cross over his shoulder.

tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #42626
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Scouring the news to see if the Second Coming of Christ is happening. While out driving, I saw a guy walking along the side of the road dragging a full size cross over his shoulder.

Maybe he had just stolen it and was taking it to be sold for scrap?

(I've heard of grocery stores have all the carts they had outside disappear, as far as I can tell, to be sold by someone for scrap)
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #42627
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My mother hoards glass, and I'm not talking about figurines or perfume bottles, but empty jars and bottles. As long as I can remember she has been doing it. When she has several storage crates/boxes she would tell my father, who got upset with her since the crates/boxes weighed a lot and he had to carry them down two sets of steep, awkward stairs. He tried to motivate her to bring them with her to the supermarket every week, there's a glass bin in the parking lot. That would work, for a little while.

For about two years now my mother has the groceries delivered. She might have told my dad that she's got glass that needs to be recycled, but his back isn't what it's used to be and out of sight (in the upstairs junk room) is out of mind. Until I stumbled upon boxes, crates and big bags of jars and bottles last year. Since then I've been taking a big shopping bag a week to the nearby glass container. I did this off and on, because it isn't the most fun thing to do. Since January I've been doing going twice a week.

Today I took the last of the glass to the container! From now on the designated glass back hangs at the top of the stairs on the floor my rooms are. So I walk past it every time I go to or come from my rooms. My plan is to take away the glass every first Wednesday of the month, no matter how little it is. That should be enough, though if necessary I can go more. The container is only a couple of minutes walk away.

I did manage to hurt my ribs somehow. This last bag was really full and really heavy, I didn't feel like leaving a couple of jars and/or bottles for next week, I must have pulled a muscle or something. I treated myself by making my favourite dinner tonight (pasta salad). I've already told my mother that if I find any glass that needs to be recycled in a place that's not the bag I won't take it to the recycle container.

It's such a silly thing, but I'm so glad I've gotten this done.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #42628
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I was looking on the website of my favourite cinema what films are going to be released in the near future. I saw that on the 22nd and the 26th of April they live broadcast Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show!

I love Riverdance, and have been to live shows several times. I knew they would live broadcast in several UK cinemas but not that that would also happen in the Netherlands. I've already texted my sister if she's interested in joining me. I might even be crazy enough to go on both days. I'm also hoping it'll become available for download, the latest one I have is from 2015 and they've just redone the music, changed one dance and updated sets and costumes.

I'm almost as excited as if I was going to a live show. I will be stalking the cinema's website daily until I can book the tickets.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #42629
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
I'm just now realizing how bad my haircut is. I gave the guy (who cut my hair) a $10 tip too... That's the last time I go to that Beauty Academy.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:32 PM   #42630
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
I'm just now realizing how bad my haircut is. I gave the guy (who cut my hair) a $10 tip too... That's the last time I go to that Beauty Academy.
I hate it when that happens. Also, hairdressers who don't listen to what you want. Next time, I've decided, I'm going to splurge and go to the funky, super hip (and expensive) hairdresser nearby. I'm also going to get it dyed again, since I'm splurging.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?