Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #16
reboot
reboot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Somehow works on a Kobo Touch. But buttons are incorrectly sized.

Unfortunately mangadex is no longer working (thay changed the web)

One question: Manga titles are hardcoded or the are updated automatically?
reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #17
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
I have tested it, it works great but how do I set the frontlight? It is always stuck to max and I don't see any option to set it.

One other note is that updating the manga list takes ages, especially when updating MangaTown.

Finally there is no page turn button support on my Forma for some reason.
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #18
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I have tested it, it works great but how do I set the frontlight? It is always stuck to max and I don't see any option to set it.

One other note is that updating the manga list takes ages, especially when updating MangaTown.

Finally there is no page turn button support on my Forma for some reason.
Quote:
Somehow works on a Kobo Touch. But buttons are incorrectly sized.

Unfortunately mangadex is no longer working (thay changed the web)

One question: Manga titles are hardcoded or the are updated automatically?

When your reading a manga you have to touch the top or bottom of the page to open a menue where you can jump to any chapter and change frontlight settings. You can turn pages by just clicking on the left and right ends screen just like when reading books.
Since I just have a KA1 thats the only reader I can test the app on and naturaly there are most likely formating issues and bugs on other readers.

Manga titles are updated by pressing the Update Manga Lists button which will make the reader search the websites and register every one of the tens of tousands of manga titles. Thats why it takes so long.

And MangaDex changed their website structure thats why it doesn't work anymore in the reader. I will fix this in a future release when I find the time, witch will be anywhere from one month to one year from now
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:13 AM   #19
reexe
reexe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura second edition
Awesome work!
Would it be possible to launch it directly using kfmon/fmon instead of first launching Kobo Launcher? i tried adding the start script directly to kfmon, but that did not work
reexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #20
reexe

Also would be nice to be able to have a option for swapping the page flip action for a more natural manga feel as they read right to left.
Another thing that would be nice is to be able to disable some sources/manga-sites if they stop working, or to be able to just refresh specific sites.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #21
mathieulh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reexe View Post
Awesome work!
Would it be possible to launch it directly using kfmon/fmon instead of first launching Kobo Launcher? i tried adding the start script directly to kfmon, but that did not work
You can edit the script to start both, one of the script in the archive overwrites kfmon's own script, which is why it doesn't work as-is. It's doable though, I have done it myself.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:38 AM   #22
mathieulh

You need to modify "on-animator.sh" in the tgz archive to look like this:

Quote:
#!/bin/sh

PRODUCT="$(/bin/sh /bin/kobo_config.sh)";
[ "${PRODUCT}" != "trilogy" ] && PREFIX="${PRODUCT}-"

# Launch KFMon if it isn't already running...
KFMON_LOG="/usr/local/kfmon/kfmon.log"
if ! pkill -0 kfmon ; then
echo "[START] [$(date +'%Y-%m-%d @ %H:%M:%S')] [INFO] [PID: $$] Starting KFMon . . ." >> "${KFMON_LOG}"
KFMON_BIN="/usr/local/kfmon/bin/kfmon"
if [ -x "${KFMON_BIN}" ] ; then
LIBC_FATAL_STDERR_=1 "${KFMON_BIN}" &
# NOTE: The PID shown here is not terribly helpful, since the first thing KFMon will do will be to fork twice to daemonize...
echo "[START] [$(date +'%Y-%m-%d @ %H:%M:%S')] [INFO] [PID: $$] Launched KFMon! (Initial PID: $!)" >> "${KFMON_LOG}"
else
echo "[START] [$(date +'%Y-%m-%d @ %H:%M:%S')] [ERR!] [PID: $$] KFMon binary '${KFMON_BIN}' cannot be executed!" >> "${KFMON_LOG}"
fi
else
# NOTE: I'm sometimes seeing wonky behavior after an update, where we trip the "already running" check when we actually *do* need to be launched...
# Possibly due to the specific timing at which on-animator runs around updates?
echo "[START] [$(date +'%Y-%m-%d @ %H:%M:%S')] [WARN] [PID: $$] KFMon is already running (PID: $(pidof kfmon || echo 'N/A'))!" >> "${KFMON_LOG}"
fi

flag=0;
while true; do
i=$((((i + 1)) % 11));
zcat /etc/images/$PREFIX\on-$i.raw.gz | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic 1;
usleep 250000;
if [ $flag -eq 0 ]; then
if [ -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/on_start.sh ]; then
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/on_start.sh &
flag=1;
fi
fi
done
Attached Files
File Type: txt on-animator.sh.txt (1.5 KB, 305 views)
File Type: txt KoboRoot.tgz.txt (5.0 KB, 302 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This doesn't preclude needing to have Sergey's stuff installed, since this is a Qt app .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:34 AM   #24
mathieulh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
This doesn't preclude needing to have Sergey's stuff installed, since this is a Qt app .

Of course not, but it allows having it, plato and kfmon installed on the same device.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:44 AM   #25
Yonder
Yonder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Thank you so much for creating this app. I use it everyday! Let me know how I can support you.
It works really well on a kobo aura one.
There are two things I’d really like to see:
1) When I resume my kobo from sleep in the app - it always starts of with lights off, so I have to turn on the lamp in the room - then touch the light control to make it go on, and then turn off the lamp again. Can you make it start with the same light on as before the sleep? Just like it behaves in book reading mode.

2) Is love to see a zoom feature. I like reading my manga at about 5-10% zoomed in to compensate for the small texts

Thanks for your awesome work
Yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #26
tasteful
tasteful began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Has anyone tried running this on the Kobo Forma? I've got KFMon running on mine and I see someone else has successfully gotten it working through that but I'm new to the scene and don't want to break my new ereader.
tasteful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #27
tasteful
tasteful began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Nevermind, got it working on my Forma. Works great, although the page turn buttons don't work.
tasteful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:52 AM   #28
reexe

I want to flip page turning so it works like real manga books, and if possible remove the non working sources.

But i cant manage to build the project. I have tried to follow the tutorial linked to in the readme, but i am stuck at the part that is spoken of on this issue https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/issues/1 my comment is from the user "Svahnen"

Can anyone help me setup a working dev environment or possibly just flip the page turning functions and compile it?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #29
Patatas
Patatas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Feedback or contributions are welcome
Hi! I just got a new Kobo Libra H2O and this was one of the things I wanted the most, however, the touch controls are not working on current build.

I am not skilled enough to make a contribution on the project, but I can try to test it and help with whatever I can.
Patatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:57 PM   #30
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reexe View Post
I want to flip page turning so it works like real manga books
What do you mean by this?

Why would up=next down=prev make more sense than the default?
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, kobo, kobolauncher, manga, ultimatemangareader