Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 03:41 AM   #121
mysiak
mysiak began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626
@brucelee - if I understand OTA correctly, it replaces keymaps files during each update. Could you please add an option to keep existing files or use attached key definition for PB626? It is modified for much better operation in settings
Attached Files
File Type: txt keymaps.ini.txt (4.0 KB, 287 views)
mysiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:39 AM   #122
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Will do in the next version. Maybe.

OTA update replaces the entire system/share/cr3 directory.

Last edited by brucelee; 04-17-2015 at 06:27 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 06:30 AM   #123
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

What do you mean by this?
Quote:
It is modified for much better operation in settings
The file seems to be heavily changed. And this seems to be everywhere:
Quote:
-KEY_BACK = MCMD_CANCEL
-KEY_OK = MCMD_OK

+#KEY_BACK = MCMD_CANCEL
+#KEY_OK = MCMD_OK
+KEY_MENU = MCMD_OK
+KEY_MENU, LONG = MCMD_CANCEL
For PB626 "KEY_MENU, LONG" won't work since it's a global hotkey for light toggling.

Edit:
I've tried the keymaps and there's no difference. I mean like... None. What should be better?

Edit:
I have a dream...
Don't get too excited. It's just a concept for the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new3x3project.mask.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	137368   Click image for larger version

Name:	new3x3project.preview.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	137369  

Last edited by brucelee; 04-17-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #124
mysiak

Basically in settings:
up/down turns page previous/next - you don't have to tap on tiny icon, just browse with hardware keys
long press up/down - scrolling by line
menu - to confirm the change

It's very convenient

Last edited by mysiak; 04-17-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #125
brucelee
Addict

I'll replace the keymaps but I seriously don't see why would anyone use the physical keys instead of touch to navigate in settings. It's slower. (talking about PB626)
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #126
mysiak

If you do not see the advantage, just keep the default keymaps. I will replace only app file manually and won't use OTA update, no problem . (Or I'll create a script which will restore custom settings after OTA update).
Just my point of view - I use HW keys wherever possible as I do not like to hunt for small icons or touch the screen if not absolutely necessary. From my experience HW navigation is much faster (this is why I bought 626 in first place), but of course yours might differ.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #127
brucelee
Addict

Well, in the end, it's just a matter of taste. I prefer touch control.
As I already said, I'll replace the keymaps so there's no need to create any scripts.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:45 AM   #128
mysiak

Great, thanks
Old 04-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #129
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-19
Quote:
- Reload CR after OTA Update
- Safer update script
- Cover generator for power off logo should work with all builds
- Changed PB626 keymaps (affects the linked devices too) [mysiak]
- Support icons in the settings menu items [pkb]
- Added tap action: Font size settings [pkb]
Old 04-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #130
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
Implement please create, the opportunity to work with a book, take notes, every day waiting for your updates, but when you create it ((((It is necessary to work with a book
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #131
brucelee
Addict

I've created a transifex project to ease the app translation.
Translators are welcomed to help HERE.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #132
mysiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
v0.0.6-17-19
What is the purpose of two keymap files please? It is required to either modify or delete pb62x.ini to apply keymaps.ini modifications.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #133
brucelee
Addict

Pfff... Sorry. I changed the wrong one. I'll fix that.

Edit:
Commit pushed: 1650059

Last edited by brucelee; 04-20-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:03 AM   #134
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
I've created a transifex project to ease the app translation.
Translators are welcomed to help HERE.
No Dutch?
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #135
brucelee
Addict

I've added Dutch. You can request to join Dutch translation on transifex.

There's also an option to request a new language that's not already in the project.
For example Gyönki Bendegúz made such a request for Hungarian.