Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #196
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I forgot to restart the first time

Still no joy (see image)

I put title where you had H2 and it worked (my worry, is that was not a proper way )
Using title will work, and I considered using it. But, the page just changed the authors name from a h2 to a h1. That felt like the better change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #197
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)

I was installing it (I was thinking PI and I had a IL beta in my DL folder) all wrong
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #198
cc_in_oh
Zealot
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The plugin includes predefined imports for some web sites. This is a fix for one of them. If you start the plugin from calibre, on the "User settings" page, there is an "Import" button. Press this, find the file and it will load the new definition as a user list that can then be used in the same way as the predefined ones.
THANK YOU - works perfectly as far as I can tell - I tested by importing Raymond Chandler, then running the Overdrive PI to locate in my public libraries.

CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #199
barlowrm
barlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle
Hi,

first of all thanks for the great plugin. I am trying to consolidate my two databases (one for paper books, one for ebooks) into a single calibre library.

I have a csv file with the list of "paper" books, and I verified that I can import it with your plugin. My main problem is that I would like to set the book cover using a path in the csv itself. Many of the paper books are rather old, and since they are not easy to find in online catalogs, the covers were painfully scanned one by one by myself. We are talkiing about ~2000 entries, so setting the covers again by hand is not a option. This "forced" cover should take precedence on the ones of the matched electronic versions, when any are found in the existing calibre library.

Is there a way to do this in the current version?

Thanks again,

Andrea.
barlowrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #200
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrm View Post
... My main problem is that I would like to set the book cover using a path in the csv itself.

Is there a way to do this in the current version?
@barlowrm - assuming there isn't , then :

If you can map the cover images to the book folders where they belong, possibly with the use of a calibre csv catalog, and you can write a script that copies them into the folders as 'cover.jpg', then you could then run the Library Maintenance->Check Library function.

The last phase checks for consistency between the metadata database and the Library folders and their contents. When it finds 'stray' cover images it will offer to fix them - i.e. record their existence in the metadata database.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #201
barlowrm
barlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beauty

@BetterRed,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. I think I can make this work witha simple script, provided there is an easy way to obtain from calibre the full path to the folder for a specified book.

I had a look at several calibredb options, but none strikes me as relevant in this case. Do you have any suggestions?

Alternatively: can I set the cover file using calls to calibredb?

Thanks for your help,

Andrea.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:22 AM   #202
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Alternatively: can I set the cover file using calls to calibredb?
calibredb add --cover [-c] Path to the cover to use for the added book
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #203
barlowrm

Hi @Terisa de Morgan,

thanks for your suggestion. My understanding of that command is that it creates a new book, though. Doesn't it?

In my case, the books are already in the db. I just want to set the cover of an existing entry (with a given id), without readding it.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #204
barlowrm

Hi all,

just for the record (and in case anybody else needs it), the relevant command is, apparently

calibredb set_metadata --field cover:/path/to/new/cover.jpg 1234

Where 1234 is the internal id of the book.

Cheers,

Andrea.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #205
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Hi @Terisa de Morgan,

thanks for your suggestion. My understanding of that command is that it creates a new book, though. Doesn't it?

In my case, the books are already in the db. I just want to set the cover of an existing entry (with a given id), without readding it.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea.
Yes, you're right, fast and wrong answer, sorry.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #206
tuesday630
tuesday630 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'm importing 7K books in a CSV file (3 columns: title, authors, series). It previews fine, but the next button is grayed out. Does anyone know why the Next button is grayed out for me?
tuesday630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only way I can see that this will happen is if one of the books doesn't have a title. A test with a much smaller CSV confirms this.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #208
cc_in_oh
Zealot
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't recall any problems installing the first time, but after re-installing on a new WIN10 system I'm getting this when pressing Preview using the FF site:

calibre, version 2.76.0
ERROR: Failed to download page: Failed to download page:
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

Probably something basic I've overlooked in my reinstall?

Thanks,
CC

Edit> The predefined templates I've tried are working, so I'm only having the problem with FF, both the predefined and the "fixed" FF templates throw the error...

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 01-03-2017 at 05:21 PM.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #209
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That's a certificate validation error. It usually means that the certificate has expired or you don't have the appropriate CA certificate. But...

By "FF", I assume you mean "Fantastic Fiction". I have just tested this here with no problems. It is possible they have fixed it in the time between your post and my test. Or they have multiple servers and one is wrong.

Also, as you have just reinstalled Win10, a CA might be missing and waiting for yet another update to be installed.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #210
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Win10 certificates can usually be installed by visiting the site in internet explorer or edge and then rebooting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote