Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
sawdust
sawdust is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505
Various: Bible, King James Version, Pure Cambridge Edition.v1.Dec 2009

Considered by many to be the zenith of KJV bibles, it is essentially the work of Dr. Blayney in 1767 with minor corrections by Henry Redpath about 1900. It has come to be known as the Pure Cambridge Edition,and is the standard text of the King James Bible (first published circa 1900). It contains a multi-level table of contents.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub HOLY BIBLE - King James Version.epub (2.47 MB, 2208 views)

Last edited by sawdust; 01-04-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: edit ebook description
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
First, this probably belongs in the ebook uploads section.

Second, may I ask where you got the source material from?

Third, as this is the Cambridge text, is it copyrighted?

Otherwise a very nice ePub bible - very similar to mine in layout and function, but nicer formatting (italics, paragraph symbol etc.). I think I will replace mine with this on my PRS-505 (I own a paper Cambridge bible, and I missed some of the extra formatting...)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
sawdust

Hi Sherman,
This KJB is essentially the revision work done by Dr. Blayney in 1767 with minor typo corrections by Henry Redpath about 1900. It is largely abandoned by modern publishers. Cambridge no longer uses the Pure Cambridge Edition in favor of The Concord Cambridge Edition ( improved ? spelling ,capitalization differences, etc). Collins publishes the closest thing to it today. The electronic version I used is found at bibleprotectors.com along with the following statement. " The following downloadable files of the Holy Bible are presented for any use, including all forms of further publishing. Use this text as the definitive standard." I did not credit them with the original etext because in the process of making epubs you can never be certain, no mater how careful ,that something somewhere didn't go wrong. Can you tell me how to move this to the ebook section? By the way, yours is still faster then mine , why I'm not sure as I used the same speed up tips. Oh well....
Sawdust

Last edited by sawdust; 12-30-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah ok. I like this text compared to the one available from the likes of gutenberg anyway.

As for speed, I did a bit of playing around with it on my 505, and while some things may be a tiny bit slower compared to mine, it's still very usable. It's a speed demon compared to what the first epub bible I created was like (before I made the speed opitimizations).

A moderator would have to move the thread. Alternatively, you can just create a new thread in the ebook upload section, and point people towards it.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moved it for you.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
sawdust

Thanks dale,
being new to the site , I'm still trying to learn where things are, but I'm getting there.
sawdust
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
In Joshua chapter 2:23 and 3:7 and 9,and perhaps more, there are symbols like these: "¶" found on my EZ reader.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
In Joshua chapter 2:23 and 3:7 and 9,and perhaps more, there are symbols like these: "¶" found on my EZ reader.
They are supposed to be there. My hardcopy Cambridge bible certainly has them.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
For what purpose are they there?
Aren't they referring to some sub link or footnote?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
ptrost
ptrost began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Paragraph symbol

The ¶ symbol denotes that the following line begins a new paragraph. Many printed King James Bibles use the same symbol.
ptrost is offline   Reply With Quote