Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 AM   #1
AshleighM
AshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toys

Device: Nook 7 and Kindle Fire
Add books help?

I'm trying to add/import a set of .PDFs from the Internet Archive (Frazer's Golden Bough, 3rd edition), and I can't get the template set correctly set in Preferences → Import/export → Adding books → Read metadata from file contents.

Can someone take a look at the two attached images and let me know what I've got wrong?

Edited: Link to images
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pi...pictureid=7883

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pi...pictureid=7882

Thanks!

Last edited by AshleighM; 11-16-2018 at 01:01 AM. Reason: fix image problem
AshleighM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can't read those pictures.
(which also violate forum size rules. Please follow Guidelines -link at the bottom of every page. Use the Attachments option)

Are you sure the book HAS all the metadata?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2018, 01:10 AM   #3
AshleighM
AshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toysAshleighM shares his or her toys

Device: Nook 7 and Kindle Fire
Apologies for the inadvertent violation, hopefuily my edit fixed thata issue.

All that needs be imported from the file name is the author, series, series index, and title, which are in the filename.

An example: James. G. Frazer - The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings Part 1 - The Golden Bough 3rd Edition [13 volumes] (01).pdf

Another: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings Part 1 - The Golden Bough 3rd Edition [13 volumes] (01) - James G. Frazer.pdf

Neither of which is brought over as:
Title: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings Part 1
Author: James. G. Frazer -
Series: The Golden Bough 3rd Edition [13 volumes] (01)
AshleighM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:11 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Can you copy the templates into a post? The screenshots are low-enough resolution that they are hard to read. And if I try to type them in to test, I know I will make a mistake.

But, the template is looking for the file name in the order: title - series (seriesindex) - title

Your samples don't match this.

James. G. Frazer - The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings Part 1 - The Golden Bough 3rd Edition [13 volumes] (01).pdf

which is: author - title - series (seriesindex)

The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings Part 1 - The Golden Bough 3rd Edition [13 volumes] (01) - James G. Frazer.pdf

Which is: title - series (seriesindex) - author

Rearranging the template to match the order of the elements, should work. But, there might be other issues with the template that mean it doesn't match perfectly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add book template