Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Any way to keep Calibre from opening my Browser?

I don't have access to an external monitor right now. I have to use a small monitor, and I can't increase system text size, so I have to use reduced resolution to read the screen.

Most windows cover most of the screen. The Mac finder windows take up the middle of the screen. The Mac dock is on the left and out of the way.

I am clumsy and don't have access to a desk, so despite trimming unneeded apps, it's hard to use the dock. With most apps, it's easier to switch windows by moving one out of the way and selecting a corner of the other. With Calibre, that usually opens Firefox! How can I keep Calibre from opening Firefox? or any other browser?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
With most apps, it's easier to switch windows by moving one out of the way and selecting a corner of the other. With Calibre, that usually opens Firefox! How can I keep Calibre from opening Firefox? or any other browser?
The lower left-hand corner of calibre is a link. Without completely disabling your html links automatically opening in a browser, the only way to stop opening Firefox from calibre is to quit clicking on that corner.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
[ . . . ] it's hard to use the dock. [ . . . ]
Also see ==>> Navigate the Dock in Mac OS X with These 8 Keyboard Shortcuts

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Very handy info.

BTW, it fails to mention that the "Ctrl+Function+F3" instruction applies only to keyboard with the Fn key. With older keyboards, even when connected to the newest Macs running very recent OS versions will find that "Ctrl+F3" is the correct key combination.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The lower left-hand corner of calibre is a link. Without completely disabling your html links automatically opening in a browser, the only way to stop opening Firefox from calibre is to quit clicking on that corner.
Well, I'd like to keep using Calibre, so I'll have to keep it from opening links.

Quote:
Also see ==>> Navigate the Dock in Mac OS X with These 8 Keyboard Shortcuts
Thanks, but the function key doesn't work with sticky keys. And the other shortcuts don't work on their own, without being able to use the 1st "shortcut."
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
accessibility, calibre