Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
daz-uk
daz-uk began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Calibre Content Server 3.0 - add fields to be displayed

Hi,
In previous 2.x Calibre Content server books were displayed in list view containing Title, Author, Tags, Notes etc.

Now tags are missing. This is one of the options that I am using a lot, and would like this to be displayed in list view. Is it possible to amend that?

I know, when you will go to selected book you will see tags, but would like to see them on list view.

Thanks.
daz-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid not in the current list view, but the server is designed to easily support multiple different view types, currently there are only two, but that is likely to increase in the future. Either through more builtin views or via a plugin facility for the content server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
dcoul65
dcoul65 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Starting the Content server with command line

Hello,

I am working with the new (SUPERB!) Calibre 3.0. I can launch the content server using calibre-server.exe without any option. That works. But as soon as I add an option, I get error messages and of course the server fails to start. Examples of what I get with the following command:

calibre-server --ignored-fields Note,LCEAD,LC_GENRE,OCLC_OWI --daemonize

Python function terminated unexpectedly
'module' object has no attribute 'fork' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\standalone.py", line 350, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\standalone.py", line 28, in daemonize
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fork'

I get something like this whatever option I am trying to use (I would like to use the logs capability: '--access-log c:\CalibreLogs' for instance. Am I missing something, or this is simply a bug that will be fixed oneday?

Also, it would be nice to have some control on the libraries display we get from the server. Currently, I have 20 libraries based on the LCC codes. It would be nice if I could organize these in a more organized way, eg in a table, for example. Maybe something to think in the future?

Thanks a lot for the great work.
dcoul65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

--daemonize only works on linux (it will be removed from the windows and macos builds in the next release, it was left in there accidentally).
Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
dcoul65

Thanks for the reply... Removing the daemonize option solves the problem! Thanks again
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #6
dcoul65

Hello again,
Is it a known fact that the username & password dialog box to access the content server requires that the calibre-server is started manually from within Calibre 3.0, and that this feature doesn't work if calibre-server is started at boot time by Windows Task Scheduler? Is there a fix around that?
Thanks again for any help!
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you are starting the server using calibre-server.exe you need to pass it the --enable-auth option
Old 06-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
daz-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm afraid not in the current list view, but the server is designed to easily support multiple different view types, currently there are only two, but that is likely to increase in the future. Either through more builtin views or via a plugin facility for the content server.
Thanks.
Is it possible to create own Template for Views to use in Calibre Server (saw Tags in /mobile view)?
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #9
daz-uk

Hi @kovidgoyal,
any news on above?
Any way to create own template with selected fields to be displayed in content server?
Old 07-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

All news about calibre is available here: https://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new
Old 07-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #11
daz-uk

I understand that, but if possible I would like to help you create different layouts for content server as this will allow to use your app not only for managing eBooks but also as a content management for various PDF documents.

Would like to create layout that will display
{title}
{author}
{published date} or {uploaded date}
{tags}
{notes}

Bold elements are currently displayed in list view.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you wish to contribute code to calibre, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise you will have to wait until I get around to implementing that.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #13
daz-uk

Could you advise how can I contribute?
Old 07-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

See https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

feel free to ask if you have additional questions.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #15
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

Ooooo. This is encouraging. I'm enjoying the 3.0 server and slowly building a feature wish-list of "if the server were my own version of perfect it would..."

I'd love to see what sorts of plugins for the server folks would come up with.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, content server