Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.
 
Posts: 79
Karma: 3004
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: none
Financial Times Recipe disappeared

The Financial Times seems to have disappered


teotjunk
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 33,477
Karma: 10205098
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
Yeah it was removed because the FT website now requires a captcha to login even with a valid username and password.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.
 
Posts: 79
Karma: 3004
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah it was removed because the FT website now requires a captcha to login even with a valid username and password.
So there is no way we can ever download it?
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #4
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 58
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Nook
see next post

Last edited by bobbysteel; 02-22-2018 at 04:32 AM.
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 AM   #5
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 58
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Nook
FWIW, it's possible to change the referer if you want to run your own local copy of the recipe. The logic itself is here https://github.com/njuljsong/wsjUnblock
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:43 AM   #6
cyberheuze
Junior Member
cyberheuze began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device: Kindle
Github link does not work for me
cyberheuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 58
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Nook
this one was deleted but search for wsjunblock for another repo. https://github.com/arthurpham/wsjUnblock

it works still but requires a hacky referer change
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #8
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.
 
Posts: 79
Karma: 3004
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysteel View Post
this one was deleted but search for wsjunblock for another repo. https://github.com/arthurpham/wsjUnblock

it works still but requires a hacky referer change
So if you use this, we can download a copy?
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #9
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 58
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
So if you use this, we can download a copy?
if you use the old recipe you can modify and run it as your own custom recipe, yes.

Download one of the old releases from around January and get it from there. ft.recipe i think it was.
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
chocomaniac
Junior Member
chocomaniac began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2018
Device: Oasis 2
The FT now allows subscribers to disable the Google captcha upon request. I tried using the last available calibre FT recipe but I couldn't troubleshoot it on my own. I get the following error:

Python function terminated unexpectedly: no form matching name 'enter-email-form'
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Using custom recipe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1106, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/recipe_input.py", line 119, in convert
File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 898, in __init__
File "<string>", line 53, in get_browser
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 667, in select_form
mechanize._mechanize.FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'enter-email-form'

Any support would be much appreciated.
chocomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 33,477
Karma: 10205098
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
Try PMing darkom its his recipe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #12
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 58
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomaniac View Post
The FT now allows subscribers to disable the Google captcha upon request. I tried using the last available calibre FT recipe but I couldn't troubleshoot it on my own. I get the following error:

Python function terminated unexpectedly: no form matching name 'enter-email-form'
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Using custom recipe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1106, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/recipe_input.py", line 119, in convert
File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 898, in __init__
File "<string>", line 53, in get_browser
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 667, in select_form
mechanize._mechanize.FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'enter-email-form'

Any support would be much appreciated.
where did you make the request?
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compress Financial Times Recipe duhduhduh Recipes 1 04-02-2017 09:40 AM
Financial Times Recipe not working teotjunk Recipes 0 01-21-2017 02:53 AM
[Recipe Request] Financial Times iloveredbull Recipes 1 06-28-2015 05:45 AM
Financial Times recipe fails since Jan 24 MightyMicro Recipes 3 01-28-2012 07:36 AM
Update Financial Times recipe sir-archimedes Recipes 0 04-24-2011 10:39 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.