Device: none
I have Decalgirls "Woodgrain Black" skin on my Kindle2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skinone.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	54311  

Last edited by laurie_lu; 06-30-2010 at 07:01 AM.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Right now I have cosmic flower. I change it every couple of months though. Before I had a pink one ... then I think the one based off of starry night before that.

I used the discount code for the free matte finish this time and I really like that.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
Just looking at the decal girl skins - look very nice- will need to ask them if they have a UK supplier though
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The original leather case works for me. Nothing else needed.
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
Just bought the Starry Night one recently.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Here is mine
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
'Woodgrain Black' also. Might just be me, but the black on black seems to make the text sharper/darker.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzz View Post
'Woodgrain Black' also. Might just be me, but the black on black seems to make the text sharper/darker.
I looked for a dark skin for the same reason.
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Here is mine
very nice
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Pink Tranquility on mine.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #12
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzz View Post
I agree. That was the sole purpose for ordering this particular skin. The text is noticeably darker and sharper.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
At the moment: none. Last I had on there was DecalGirl "Carbon" (in matte). Now I'm waiting for my Javoedge cover to arrive, and if I like it, I'll not need a skin, as the Kindle slides into it such that there is essentially a black leather skin on the front.

(Not the exact model I'm getting, but best picture I could find showing how it holds the Kindle.)
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #14
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

OOps, sorry folks, you meant skin, not jacket Yeah... a darker one would be nice. As i said in another post about upgrades..

"being a photographer i do notice certain details, i would change the white framing with either a neustral (18%) grey or another darker color just to make the eink diplay background look more "white" as the contrast with the frame make it look darker than what it is"

There is a psycophysiology reasoning behind it. The bright withe frame is perceived by the eye as the "refence" white thus making the eink background slightly "grey" (i would say around 3-5%, if i find the time ill try to measure it with a thermocolorimeter, just to know). I do not know whay they choosed to make it such a brigh white, no "technical" reaosn i could think of, bt i guess there were marketing and other psychological thinking about that choice.
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #15
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
I have ordered some skins from Decalgirl - no idea how long they will take to get here though
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote