Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Sony PRS-900 up close

Having seen the microscope pictures of the Kindle vs. iPad etc., I had a look at the other pictures on the web of wasp's eyelashes, lamp filaments etc. and decided it might be fun to get one. My 9-year-old son immediately latched on to the idea of a microscope, saying exactly what I said when I got (an old fashioned!) one at the same age - "let's look at snot!"

I'll spare you our initial explorations of snot, but I did have a look at the screen on the PRS-900:

it really looks like its covered with a sheet of pitted plastic - because it is!

up close.

Here's a paperback:

and up close:

I'll do the Kindle 3's pearl screen when I get it.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote