Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Talking Sony PRS-505 New?

Hi.

Looking for a new and sealed Sony PRS-505. Yes, I know they're rare, but figured I'd take a shot. My 500 died, and I'm unhappy with the 600 screen.

EDIT: Anything other than ebay?

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 04-15-2010 at 06:58 PM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You can try eBay but prepare to pay out the arse for it
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
You can try eBay but prepare to pay out the arse for it
Yeah I "lost" an auction by $100 solid. I'm wondering if there are other sources for the PRS-505. Google searching isn't supremely helpful.

-Pie
Old 04-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
From this thread, posted April 29, 2010.

Futureshop.ca (Canada)
Quote:
Sony 6" Digital eBook Reader (PRS505R) - Red - Web Only
Regular Price: $299.95
Discount: -$20.00
Sale Price: $279.95
Sale Ends: April 29, 2010
Shows 10 in stock, red only, on-line store only. Free ground shipping within Canada. Their site won't accept a non-Canadian postal code so it doesn't look like they'll ship outside Canada.

Canadians would have to pay 5% federal tax and whatever provincial sales tax on top of that price, currently 7% in BC, making the total price 313.60.

Sale ends today so I'm assuming if there are any left after today the price will go back to $299.95.

I don't know where you live EatingPie or if you have any friends in Canada, but this is the only place I've seen a new, unopened box, PRS-505 that hasn't been on eBay.

Maybe you could try their customer service phone number listed on their site and see if they ship to other countries.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-29-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling of store name and linked to item at site
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
From this thread, posted April 29, 2010.

Furureshop.ca (Canada)

Shows 10 in stock, red only, on-line store only. Free ground shipping within Canada. Their site won't accept a non-Canadian postal code so it doesn't look like they'll ship outside Canada.

Canadians would have to pay 5% federal tax and whatever provincial sales tax on top of that price, currently 7% in BC, making the total price 313.60.

Sale ends today so I'm assuming if there are any left after today the price will go back to $299.95.

I don't know where you live EatingPie or if you have any friends in Canada, but this is the only place I've seen a new, unopened box, PRS-505 that hasn't been on eBay.

Maybe you could try their customer service phone number listed on their site and see if they ship to other countries.
Called 'em right off the bat, no dice on shipping to the US.

Thanks for the head's up!

-Pie
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
some of the Borders bookstores may still have them in stock. They can check inventory for you by phone.
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Does it have to be new? They do come up on here from time to time.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Indeed, yes, I am looking for a new one (NIB using the parlance of ebay).

-Pie
Old 05-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
sketch885
sketch885 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i know you've repeatedly stated NIB, but if you're still looking, the 505 i just posted for sale has been charged maybe 4 or 5 times, and it's less than a year old. i literally never read it anymore, check out my listing for more info. just throwing that out there

Last edited by sketch885; 05-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
sketch885 is offline   Reply With Quote