Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome
Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Cyberdrome: The award-wining SF thriller just reduced to $1.99 (for a limited time!)

Surprise! Now reduced to just $0.99!

CYBERDROME
The debut science fiction thriller from the Rhea Brothers.

Winner of the 2008 PODBRAM Award for "Best Science
Fiction Novel of the Year" and more than 1400 copies sold
this year alone.

Alek Grey specializes in preventing break-ins to secure computer systems.
When a company calls him in after their system is compromised, he is shocked
to learn that his own father is one of over forty people trapped in neural-interface
with a revolutionary new form of artificial reality called Cyberdrome.

When an attempted rescue mission goes horribly wrong, trapping his ex-girlfriend
along with the others, he learns that these events may have been triggered by
the emergence of a smarter-than-human intelligence inside Cyberdrome,
possibly giving rise to the long-feared, "Technological Singularity." Faced with
overwhelming obstacles and quickly running out of time, Alek realizes that
there is only one way left to save the people he loves.

But that could mean risking the fate of all humanity!

Now available in eBook format for the Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook,
Sony Reader, Apple iPad, and others. (see links below)

Links:
Kindle Version at Amazon: Now just $0.99 [DRM-encryption-free!]
Epub version at Smashwords: Now just $0.99 [use coupon code WV76R]
Other versions at www.Cyberdrome.org

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-22-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Joseph Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Certainly does sound interesting.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome
Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks, Treven.

I forgot to mention that the sale price of $0.99 is for the Kindle version from Amazon and the Epub version from Smashwords. If you buy from Smashwords, you will need this coupon code [ WV76R ] to get the discount. All of the other outlets are charging somewhere around $2.99 (which is still a bargain for a nearly 300-page novel, right?)

If you're still not sure an Indie SF novel can be any good, you can read the first few chapters of Cyberdrome for free from both locations and decide for yourself.

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I'll give it a go soon.

Can't beat the price.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I'll give it a go soon.

Can't beat the price.
Thanks, Guns4Hire.
To be honest, I hate selling it for such a low price, since it took me 7 years to complete and it won an award already (plus lots of great reviews). But, the market for Indie books is pretty well stuffed with cheap and often poorly written material, so what can you do? You have to get the word out there somehow. This is one way...

All I can ask is; if you like Cyberdrome, please spread the word!

p.s. For any of you with a new iPad, Cyberdrome should appear in your iBookstore sometime tomorrow (it is being uploaded today).

p.p.s. Just a final note to let you know that I made the Kindle version of Cyberdrome, DRM-free, which means you actually own it when you buy it!

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

A longtime user here (Dreams) just educated me on how Smashwords allows multiple format downloads of their books (so that people with a Sony and a Kindle (for example) can download the same book for both readers). I so did not know this!

I will look into uploading other formats to Smashwords as soon as possible. My book has a 20-page CGI image gallery that I prefer to leave in (to keep it identical to the paperback) but if the other formats will not accept it, I might consider making a text-only version for you all. I will go look into it right now...

Thanks, Dreams!

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
You are welcome. Smashwords also has the premium catalog which, if you qualify, allows your book to be offered through other sites.

Quote:
Learn how you can gain inclusion for your titles in the Smashwords Premium Catalog, which is distributed to mainstream ebook retailers such as Barnes & Noble.
How Smashwords Distributes Ebooks
(and how to get fast tracked into the Smashwords Premium Catalog)
Quote:
Smashwords distributes Premium Catalog ebooks to major online retailers. The first outlets to receive the Smashwords Premium Catalog are Barnes & Noble, Sony and Kobo. Apple is immindent. Amazon is forthcoming.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
You are welcome. Smashwords also has the premium catalog which, if you qualify, allows your book to be offered through other sites.
Dreams,
Actually Cyberdrome is in the premium catalog already. You can find it at Barnes&Nobles, Kobo Books, several Sony sources, and soon at the Apple iBookstore. Plus I have it listed on Google Books and many other places. For anyone interested, you can find them all at www.Cyberdrome.org
Thanks for mentioning it though.

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If you can't get a Kindle (and several other devices that use drm-free mobi/prc) version up, we can probably convert the epub using Calibre. It's just another step.

Also, if you do manage to get all versions there, when Smashwords gets their Amazon feed working, you'll be there via Smashwords (if desired) rather than having to deal with Amazon DTP. So far, though, those with complex formatting and lots of images have had some problems with the mobi format at Smashwords.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If you can't get a Kindle (and several other devices that use drm-free mobi/prc) version up, we can probably convert the epub using Calibre. It's just another step.

Also, if you do manage to get all versions there, when Smashwords gets their Amazon feed working, you'll be there via Smashwords (if desired) rather than having to deal with Amazon DTP. So far, though, those with complex formatting and lots of images have had some problems with the mobi format at Smashwords.
Hi Karen,
As I mentioned, the Kindle version available on Amazon is DRM-free (prc format) and looks really good, which is why I didn't bother with the Smashwords (mobi) format and all of the conversion issues. Also, I have no problem with people buying one copy of Cyberdrome and converting it to another format for another device. I don't even care if you treat it like a DTB and give it to a friend when you are finished. What I don't want, obviously, is for it to end up on some public feed and given to the world for free. I think we all know what piracy leads to--DRM encryption. I am happy to be DRM-free and I hope to be able to stay that way.

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Update: After some consideration, I have decided to lower the price of Cyberdrome even more, now you can get it for just $0.99! Smashwords is on sale right now (using coupon code below), and the Amazon Kindle version should go on sale starting tomorrow (4/22). You heard it here first! (see links below.)

Links:
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
I'll have a look!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
I'll have a look!
Thanks for posting, ImogenRose.

If only 1 out of 10 people who are currently downloading Cyberdrome will take a second to mention it here, the book will "sell" itself and I can go back to work on my next book.

Thanks again,
Joe

Links: