Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Haqqax
Haqqax began at the beginning.

Device: DR800S
Hm, I also immediately upgraded to beta and would not want to downgrade.
I tried evince, bu do not like the menues cluttering the display. I'd like to use your plugin.

iRex developers, can you do something to allow luite release his plugin? Maybe you can give him access to the source code even before the official release?

This plugin is helping your business - I for example would not buy your device if I did not know that there is a third party djvu plugin available. I wish that iRex provided one, but for the time being maybe you can at least remove obstacles for luite's effort?
Haqqax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #17
Haqqax

Hi luite,

Does the release of RC1 change things? Will you make your plugin available for DR800? I can downgrade the firmware if needed.
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Hi luite,

what do you think about djvu reflower?
Probably not really usefull on DR1000 but could make sense on DR800.

It is not being further developed as the author has got no ebook reader so far.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #19
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
The idea is interesting, and it could probably be added to the plugin (using the same "Adjust font size" and "original layout" menu as is used for PDF), but the current implementation does not seem to work very well. It often breaks lines in the middle of a word (tested with the DJVU Reflower test program).
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Here's a preview of the DjVu plugin for the new firmware, it works on both the DR800S(G) and DR1000. It's based on the RC2 sources, and still uses the old DR1000 style icons. There are many things that I haven't checked or tested yet, and I'll probably do an official release when the final 2.0 firmware is available.

Installation:
- extract zip file to the root of your SD card or device
- enable "Folder based navigation", "PDF Document Zoom", and "PDF Annotation" in Advanced Settings
- Go to SD Card / Programs / Install, click on the InstallDjVu.desktop file
- Wait for the device to reboot
- Happy DjVu'ing
Attached Files
File Type: zip DjVu-Plugin-0.3.0-preview.zip (872.7 KB, 528 views)
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
Here's a preview of the DjVu plugin for the new firmware, it works on both the DR800S(G) and DR1000. It's based on the RC2 sources, and still uses the old DR1000 style icons. There are many things that I haven't checked or tested yet, and I'll probably do an official release when the final 2.0 firmware is available.

Installation:
- extract zip file to the root of your SD card or device
- enable "Folder based navigation", "PDF Document Zoom", and "PDF Annotation" in Advanced Settings
- Go to SD Card / Programs / Install, click on the InstallDjVu.desktop file
- Wait for the device to reboot
- Happy DjVu'ing
It works ok here, DR800S version 2.0RC2.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #22
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Works on my DR800SG (2.0RC2) as well, thanks.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
Haqqax

Works perfectly (DR800S version 2.0RC2).
Thank you luite for providing it so quickly after the sources have been realeased.
Now the device has all I really need. Your plugin is great
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
luite
Connoisseur

Just a quick update, I plan to make the following changes for the next version:
- Fix in installer script (dr1000.ini is now named dr.ini, the previous version did not back up the correct file)
- Enable dithering
- There's a problem with bookmarks, you can make bookmarks, and they're also registered, but you can't remove them, and the "dog ear" doesn't turn grey. I can reproduce this in the emulator, but I'm not yet sure what causes the problem.

Once I have the bookmarks problem sorted out, I'll upload an update here. Please report other issues if you find any.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
luite
Connoisseur

Unfortunately, the bookmarks bug also exists in the PDF plugin in document-viewer-plugins-4.0+svnr6952. Just compile this plugin (enable the plugin in plugins/pdf/plugin_impl/Makefile.am) from these sources, overwrite /usr/lib/uds/libuds-plugin-adobe.so and open a PDF file. I hope one of the iRex developers can have a look at this.

I did notice something peculiar in plugins/pdf/plugin_impl/document_impl.cpp, lines 465,466:
else if ((start_param.toc_idx = -1) && (end_param.toc_idx = -1)
&& (start_param.toc_idx == end_param.toc_idx))

those assignment operators are probably wrong (I think they should be != instead), but changing that doesn't fix the bookmark problem
Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #26
luite
Connoisseur

The plugin also works with RC3. I'll update it later to take advantage of the new RC3 features (updated interface for maximum zoom level to prevent out-of-memory problems and blank pages).

The issue with the bookmarks has not yet been solved, unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #27
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Thanks so much for the plugin, luite. This plugin is absolutely essential for me.

Keep up the great work
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #28
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
After installing this, the screen of my DR800SG totally turned black and it doesn't work.. What can I do now??

----
(solved by myself)
I used firmware upgrade to reboot the device and I'm relieved that it became normal again..

Last edited by bokjeid; 08-25-2010 at 02:13 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
luite
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
After installing this, the screen of my DR800SG totally turned black and it doesn't work.. What can I do now??

----
(solved by myself)
I used firmware upgrade to reboot the device and I'm relieved that it became normal again..
Good to hear that you were able to fix the problem. I've never heard any reports like this before. Did you download the right file, for the 2.0 firmware? Were you able to get the plugin working after reinstalling the firmware?

Unfortunately my DR1000 died earlier this week, it would crash if you picked it up, or just randomly when using it. I charged the battery overnight, and reflashed the firmware, but it didn't help.

I suspected some loose cable connection or soldering joints on the motherboard, and since iRex (or IRX Innovations now) doesn't service this model anymore, I opened the case to check. I must have damaged something, because it doesn't boot at all anymore, and I accidentally broke one of the flat cable connectors.

This means that I cannot test the djvu plugin properly anymore. I plan to upload the source code of the current version to github soon, and I might make another release when the final dr1000 firware comes out, but I won't add any new features.

I've replaced my DR1000 with an iPad by the way. I was disappointed that even almost two years after the release of the DR1000, there still isn't a reader that comes close to its features. The new Pocketbook 902 and 903 might do the trick, but they're not yet available, and obviously very new, and I don't really want to go through the cycle of beta firmwares and promised new features again. And like iRex, Pocketbook is a small company, who knows whether they are still around in a few years or whether spare parts will be available.

I'm going to miss the wacom stylus, the daylight readable anti-reflective screen (the iPad screen is like a mirror in comparison) and the open source SDK, but the iPad does have many things going for it. The hardware quality is obviously much better, operation is very snappy, and there are many useful applications (or apps, I should say).
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
It would be great to get sources.
I hope I can continue development this plugin. Djvu support a must for me

Yura
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu, dr1000s, irex, plugin, uds