Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
MykelAlvis
MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Calibre 0.6.12 issue: libunrar.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc

I can't seem to get Calibre to convert a .RAR archive. I get the following error message:

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>OSError</b>:/opt/calibre/libunrar.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1226, in convert_ebook
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/tools.py", line 38, in convert_single_ebook
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 98, in __init__
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 131, in setup_pipeline
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 465, in __init__
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 523, in unarchive
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/__init__.py", line 190, in extract
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/libunrar.py", line 30, in <module>
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/__init__.py", line 174, in load_library
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: /opt/calibre/libunrar.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
What am I missing here?
MykelAlvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm actually rather amazed to see "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/" as you are not Kovid

Are you on linux? Is SElinux enabled (and do you want it to be)? Can you try running (as root)
setenforce 0
and then trying again?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The paths get hardoded in at bytecode-compile time. Do the following

I am guessing this is SELinux related, since I dont use it, hard for me to help. But try changing the ownership of /opt/calibre to your user account

sudo chown -R username:group /opt/calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
MykelAlvis
MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Thumbs up

Setting ownership did not work. It was, in fact, an SELinux issue, which I managed determine right before coming back and reading acidzebra's post.

I didn't check my very recent install where SELinux was set to enforcing by default (I failed to set the correct kickstart option). Setting to permissive (and re-labeling) allows me to open RARs with only a warning.

And yes, I AM Iron Ma...I mean, Kovid Goyal.
MykelAlvis is offline   Reply With Quote