Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The prices of used Sony readers on ebay in the UK isn't great for buyers, earlier this year I watched quite a few auctions when I was looking for a PRS 350 and the cheapest used model went for £50 (plus postage). I eventually picked up a refurbished one for that price delivered. (Of course I was still watching a couple of auctions after I'd bought mine, and one went for £35......).

You can get a refurbished 650 for £65, but when you can buy a brand new Kindle or Kobo (albeit the basic or mini versions) for around that price, it's not ideal!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The prices of used Sony readers on ebay in the UK isn't great for buyers, earlier this year I watched quite a few auctions when I was looking for a PRS 350 and the cheapest used model went for £50 (plus postage). I eventually picked up a refurbished one for that price delivered. (Of course I was still watching a couple of auctions after I'd bought mine, and one went for £35......).

You can get a refurbished 650 for £65, but when you can buy a brand new Kindle or Kobo (albeit the basic or mini versions) for around that price, it's not ideal!
I got a barely used (it had two books on, half-read) immaculate black 650 with an immaculate case for about 40 pounds equivalent with shipping and all taxes. That was an exceptional deal mind. Generally they go for about 60 pounds all in (not incl. case).

That's in Canada. I'd be surprised to see that in the UK.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert