Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
randyp1234
randyp1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Author auto-complete list edit??

My subject line may not be correct, and I've tried searching, but here's what I hope to do. When you're on the screen to edit the author name metadata of a book Calibre suggests names from past entries. Can this list be edited?

Thanks,

Randy
randyp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyp1234 View Post
My subject line may not be correct, and I've tried searching, but here's what I hope to do. When you're on the screen to edit the author name metadata of a book Calibre suggests names from past entries. Can this list be edited?

Thanks,

Randy
Yes! Indirectly
That list is built on the fly from existing Authors in your Library.
If you have a mis-spelled author name on the list... It exists somewhere in the Library.

One of the easy ways to fix Author names is use the Tag Browser and expand Authors.
Right click on a bad one and rename (correctly ).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
randyp1234
randyp1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
The tag browser only shows the authors in the metadata of current books not the entire memorized list. For example: Let's say that I imported a book where the metadata said the title was "Stephen King" and the author was "Under the Dome" and after importing it I hit "E" and made the corrections. The author "Under the Dome" is not shown in the tag browser but if I edit an author name in another book the drop-down list in the author field will show "Under the Dome" as a possible name to be chosen. That drop-down list is what I'd like to clean up.
randyp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyp1234 View Post
The tag browser only shows the authors in the metadata of current books not the entire memorized list. For example: Let's say that I imported a book where the metadata said the title was "Stephen King" and the author was "Under the Dome" and after importing it I hit "E" and made the corrections. The author "Under the Dome" is not shown in the tag browser but if I edit an author name in another book the drop-down list in the author field will show "Under the Dome" as a possible name to be chosen. That drop-down list is what I'd like to clean up.
You have another Metadata entry with the wrong author or the author sort (red) value.
That list IS from the active Authors.

You might try the Quality Check plugin to identify RED author and Title Sorts.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
theducks is correct if it exists in your history list it exists in your library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

It could be the book you are working to fix
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
type "Under the Dome" with the quotes in the searchbar it will show you the offending book(s).

It is common to have author/title switched and there is an icon beside title in the edit metadata screen to easily correct this or a checkbox in the bulk edit metadata screen.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote