Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Wolfmont
Wolfmont began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android tablet
Unhappy New to the MobileRead forum

So, I'm not sure where to post this question.

I am a publisher of both pbooks and ebooks. Usually I put my ebooks in a variety of outlets: Kindle, Nook, Apple's iBookstore, etc.

This question is directed to those who may use Apple's iTunes Producer. (And yes, I have already posted this in two Apple forums with no results, but someone there suggested I come here instead.)

Recently Apple sent a link to an update of the iTunes Producer software, bringing it up to version 2.3.1. Previously I was using 2.1.1, and it worked just fine to create and upload epub books to Apple. Once I downloaded and installed the ver. 2.3.1, I discovered that it was totally devoted to podcasts, videos, and so forth, and had no options for publishing epub books to Apple.

I removed it and reinstalled my old version, but now I find that it stalls out when I try to upload the books to Apple.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? (Please, no snark about Apple, etc.)

Thanks!
Wolfmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
(Please, no snark about Apple, etc.)
I hope someone can give you some helpful information, but I'm afraid a little bit of snark could very well be interspersed with that help. We'll see though. Good luck!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
welcome to mobileread.

to answer your question, i have no idea. sorry.

there is a writer's corner here and the authors that post here may be better suited to help you out.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
From what I've seen, it is still there. It may be possible that something went wrong with the install. Redownload the new version and try installing again. I am thinking something didn't go cleanly, and is the cause of the problems you've had on 2.3.1, and now on 2.1.1.

Also, if you can, go through and completely remove any part of iTunes Producer before reinstalling. I'd suggest try using AppZapper or AppTrap.

Last edited by Hellmark; 06-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
Wolfmont
Wolfmont began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android tablet
Actually, I have installed the 2.3.1 version on two completely different machines, and in both cases, there was no option to create an ebook. Lots of stuff about podcasts and videos, but not one mention of an ebook.

And I've downloaded the new version three times.
Wolfmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
apple ibookstore, epubs, itunes producer