Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #196
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.4.12 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug of removing from id cache error when does not exist in cache
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #197
Jane_Neuman
Jane_Neuman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I just installed the goodreads sync plugin. I am trying to set it up and when I click the authorize plugin with goodreads button it does not launch the web script but jumps to the "have you clicked authorize" box. Well, I never got a web page to enter the authorization. I tried to go to goodreads and do it directly, but I couldn't see where to do it. Can anyone help?
Jane_Neuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #198
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Jane,

What should have happened is that it should have launched a web browser with a page for you to click on. Do you have a default web browser configured? I know if you do a search IIRC there has been one other person with a similar issue, I think particularly on linux? What version of Calibre and OS are you using?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #199
organicveggie
organicveggie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle v2
Unhappy Not authorizing...

I'm having trouble getting this to work with Calibre 0.8.2 on Linux. I had it authorized, but the Goodreads menu wasn't showing up. So I deleted my "Goodreads user" in the plugin configuration dialog and added a new user (with a different name). When I click Authorize Plugin with Goodreads, it pops open Goodreads with the following URL:

http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/autho...IWmhZG1bEiiSig

which redirects to:

http://www.goodreads.com/?oauth_toke...ig&authorize=1

Unfortunately, that doesn't display "Allow access" or anything like that. It's just my regular old Goodreads home page.

What am I doing wrong?
organicveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #200
kiwidude

Try in your Goodreads account deauthorising the previous "application" to start again. You can do this by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to your name on the top right of the website, choosing "my account", click on the "apps" tab and then scroll to the bottom of the screen where you will see the "GoodReads Calibre GUI plugin" and click on the "Revoke Access" button next to it.

Now start the whole authorisation process over in the plugin.
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #201
Jane_Neuman
Jane_Neuman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hi Jane,

What should have happened is that it should have launched a web browser with a page for you to click on. Do you have a default web browser configured? I know if you do a search IIRC there has been one other person with a similar issue, I think particularly on linux? What version of Calibre and OS are you using?
I'm using Windows XP, Explorer 8 as the default browser, and Calibre 0.8.2. I am not particularly techie, so I haven't intentionally done anything fancy.

Thanks for trying to help.
Jane_Neuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #202
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_Neuman View Post
I'm using Windows XP, Explorer 8 as the default browser, and Calibre 0.8.2. I am not particularly techie, so I haven't intentionally done anything fancy.

Thanks for trying to help.
Did you try after a fresh restart of your pc? I am wondering if ie8 had crashed or was otherwise hiding from you.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #203
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Series info doesn't get uploaded. All metadata gets downloaded ok, but series field remains empty. Tried a bunch of books. Same result. Maybe there is some change on goodreads again...
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #204
kiwidude

@Noughty - did you mean the Goodreads metadata plugin rather than this Goodreads Sync one? Because the metadata plugin is still working fine, and this plugin does not get series data...
Old 05-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #205
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Oh sorry, yes. Posted in wrong thread.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #206
MykelAlvis
MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
@kiwidude I wonder if the fix you posted for me manages to break IE8? The other way seemed to be working for the Windows crowd before. Maybe a test and if(windows) then (use_old_way) else (use_new_way)?
MykelAlvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #207
kiwidude

@mykel - afaik there are no outstanding issues to ie8 or anything else. The problems noughty had were for a different plugin caused by a corrupted calibre installation. Making the change I did was the right thing to do for all platforms, as it brings the code in line with how the rest of calibre works.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #208
organicveggie

Quote:
Try in your Goodreads account deauthorising the previous "application" to start again. You can do this by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to your name on the top right of the website, choosing "my account", click on the "apps" tab and then scroll to the bottom of the screen where you will see the "GoodReads Calibre GUI plugin" and click on the "Revoke Access" button next to it.

Now start the whole authorisation process over in the plugin.
Thanks. I tried that out, but sadly it didn't help. Calibre is no longer listed on the Apps tab on Goodreads, but attempting to authorize the plugin still doesn't work. Different oauth token (obviously), but I still end up on the main page. And, Calibre is still not listed on the Apps tab.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #209
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicveggie View Post
Thanks. I tried that out, but sadly it didn't help. Calibre is no longer listed on the Apps tab on Goodreads, but attempting to authorize the plugin still doesn't work. Different oauth token (obviously), but I still end up on the main page. And, Calibre is still not listed on the Apps tab.

Any suggestions?
I just tried deleting my own account and got the same issue you did, clearly something has changed somewhere. Perhaps as mykel suggested above that change I made to use the Calibre browser doesn't work with this particular feature. Or perhaps Goodreads have changed their API/having authentication issues. I will investigate further and let you know.

EDIT: After some more testing, I think something is broken on the Goodreads side. Be it their website or my devkey account used for this plugin. I have replicated the problem in a simple example completely outside of Calibre, so it seems unlikely to be related to any changes made to the plugin itself. I have chucked an email to Goodreads support so we will see how long it takes them to respond.

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-29-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #210
organicveggie

Quote:
EDIT: After some more testing, I think something is broken on the Goodreads side. Be it their website or my devkey account used for this plugin. I have replicated the problem in a simple example completely outside of Calibre, so it seems unlikely to be related to any changes made to the plugin itself. I have chucked an email to Goodreads support so we will see how long it takes them to respond.
Thanks. I mean, I'm sorry about the problem, but I'm reassured to know it's not just me.

Tags
calibre, goodreads