Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Moktarino
Moktarino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350SC
How do I make epub documents this thing will read?

I've been able to use Sigil to "re-format" an ebook that my PRS350 didn't like, but now I'm trying to make an epub out of a .txt and I'm not making any progress, all I get for my troubles is "page error".

Does anybody have any info on this?

I know I could save as PDF or DOC, but I want to make EPUB work.

Thanks!
Moktarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Use Calibre.
It converts most unprotected formats into EPUB simply and easily.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Also, try the Atlanits word processor. Use File -> Save Special -> Save as Ebook.
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Miss Understood
Enthusiast
Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nook, Sony PRS-350 (pink!); IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Use Calibre.
It converts most unprotected formats into EPUB simply and easily.
I agree, use Calibre - I just reformatted nearly 100 books this week into a format that my PRS-350 can read and it worked great! No problems at all. Good luck.
Miss Understood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
If you are a Mac person Pages from iWork '09 allows you to save documents in epub.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
If you are a Mac person Pages from iWork '09 allows you to save documents in epub.
Thanks, david_e. Good suggestion for Mac users. Here is a tutorial from the Apple website on how to do this.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4168
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Besides converting, anyone know what caused the epub that sigil created to not work on the 350? If it works on a 600, would it work on 350 as well?
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote