Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
usb device not recognized...

My computer suddenly stopped recognizing my reader, my card reader and my sd card... not sure sure why and the interweb has been little hlp. Anyone know what to do?

I have

uninstalled the usb hubs
power cycled it (including unplugging the computer)
and done teh little troubleshooting thingie from windows...
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
My computer suddenly stopped recognizing my reader, my card reader and my sd card... not sure sure why and the interweb has been little hlp. Anyone know what to do?

I have

uninstalled the usb hubs
power cycled it (including unplugging the computer)
and done teh little troubleshooting thingie from windows...
What does the Device Manager say about the USB ports?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

It says "! USB Unknown" and it keeps making the connecting and and disconecting sound
Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It says "! USB Unknown" and it keeps making the connecting and and disconecting sound
? Do you have an "Intel 82801" series chipset in your computer?
Known issue
(right click) Disable the device labeled "Enhanced USB2.." and reboot.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
nimblem
Addict

I don't have that chipset .... well that's what my husband says... anyhow I disabled them anyways and no change. I also re installed windows 7
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I don't have that chipset .... well that's what my husband says... anyhow I disabled them anyways and no change. I also re installed windows 7
From what you say: All USB ports are dead to any USB devicees (Kybd, Mouse, also?)

An Automatic (screw it)up-date may have happened.
Get the original or (system) manufacturers recommended drivers and force the driver update.
1 piece of misidentified hardware and you will know the reason I do a "Custom" update and only let the Update manager let me know when updates are available.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
nimblem
Addict

Just the card reader now... the mouse and keyboard have always worked well and the ezreader is now being detected as well.... =S