Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #571
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Cyberratchet: Komic's menu is correct, but there's a good chance the BDL issue is stopping the parser on its way (it shouldn't, but apprently it does).

Fix the trailing comma in the BDL menu.json, and everything should be okay.

(Can't remember if the BDL extension was updated, so you might want to check the thread, see if it wasn't already fixed).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #572
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
"Last edited by dsmid; 05-09-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: removed extraneous comma in menu.json"

Affirmative
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #573
Cyberratchet
Cyberratchet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks guys!
The comma was the issue, Komic is now working again .
Cyberratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #574
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
So this wasn't my fault?! Really?? Amazing, fist time ever!
2.3 stable is still a WIP...big idea for the homepage!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #575
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi there!!!
I started working again on Komic and I need to solve a thing...
Is there a way to hijack the home button on the Touch?

The home button triggers an unload event and I can listen for it inside Komic.
But, it seems that I don't have enough time to save everything to localStorage before the app is unloaded (unless I use something blocking like an alert).
So...is there a way to prevent the home button to work as default?

Thanks to all!!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #576
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic is now on Bitbucket (yes, I'm on the Bitbucket side of GIT).
Bit late but, hey, Komic is a one-man project!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #577
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Komic is now on Bitbucket (yes, I'm on the Bitbucket side of GIT).
Bit late but, hey, Komic is a one-man project!
Did you by chance mark it as "private" ?

Hmm... Must be - a search for repositories for your username there is empty.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #578
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you by chance mark it as "private" ?

Hmm... Must be - a search for repositories for your username there is empty.
Yep, my fault! It was the default option (I suppose)!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #579
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Yep, my fault! It was the default option (I suppose)!
Thanks!
Working here just fine now.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #580
silver18
THE NOOB

Just to say I'm still here and Komic is being totally reworked.
Take a look at Bitbucket's commits.

PS

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #581
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic V2.3 stable is now ready for download.
You can find the link in the first post of this thread.

Please note that Komic has now an internal help page, so most of the first post has been moved in that page.

Please note also that, due to some major changes, I can't keep user preferences (bookmarks, deletions, options) when updating to V2.3 (I will keep preferences when updating to following versions).

This version should work also on the Paperwhite but I expect some (lots) of graphical glitches.

I left a pre-beta feature: tap on the komic logo to use the new landing page.
You can reach every function just tapping on a part of the image.
It is optimized for portrait mode only.
Anyway, I still don't like it so that's why it is in pre-beta!

I hope everything works fine (I don't have much time for testing....)

Old 01-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #582
elnews
elnews began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Crashing upon opening with kindle paperwhite 5.4.2 firmware.
I am using the 2.3 version.
elnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #583
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks for reporting!
Could you please describe exactly at which point of the starting procedure do you have the problem?
Does komic open then crash?
Does it crash before opening?
Do you see 3 messages before komic is started?

If you have SSH, you could try running the last command you find in /extensions/komic/bin/resource/scripts/start.sh (IIRC...anyway it is the starting script, the one you run with kual!)
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #584
elnews
elnews began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Thanks for reporting!
Could you please describe exactly at which point of the starting procedure do you have the problem?
Does komic open then crash?
Does it crash before opening?
Do you see 3 messages before komic is started?

If you have SSH, you could try running the last command you find in /extensions/komic/bin/resource/scripts/start.sh (IIRC...anyway it is the starting script, the one you run with kual!)
Hi,

1. Go to Kual
2. Run Komic 2.3
3. on screen: Gathering information.. cover view disabled
4. Next, The "selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Maybe i should also mentioned that the PW i am using is PW 2013 edition.

Sorry i don't have ssh. Not sure how to access it either . hmmm

Thanks again for the great app. It is just that i couldnt' open it . hehe.
elnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #585
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Hi there,

I yesterday got a new Kindle Paperwhite 2 and Komic does NOT work (error message "application error" when starting via KUAL). I guess it is not supported yet?
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons