Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #16
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Thanks for checking - guess I'll just have to learn to be patient. It's hard to be patient when you have a new toy!
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #17
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
it's a new for me that tune in radio needs either gps or location services? i put it in my galaxy nexus and it just works without any additional settings? it doesnt ask me for anything when i've started it the first time...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
it's a new for me that tune in radio needs either gps or location services? i put it in my galaxy nexus and it just works without any additional settings? it doesnt ask me for anything when i've started it the first time...
It's the Play Store that doesn't allow the install for certain apps on certain devices if one of the "criteria" in permissions is missing such as bluetooth, gps etc. As mentioned previously, that doesn't always mean it won't work if you sideload it from another store. Anyways, doesn't the Nexus 7 have gps?
I've encountered this several times with my GT 10.1 and more particularly with my late Vox; for the Tab, this happens even though it's a "full feature" tablet with cameras, gps and bluetooth. Can't remember which specific apps and Play Store doesn't give you a reason, it just displays a message that your device is non-compatible. I've gone on to install from elsewhere (Aptoide, Good eReader app store) and they usually work anyways, but perhaps not with all the features?
As mentioned before,the sideloaded TuneIn works just fine on the Arc and did on my Vox as well regardless of the fact that it was "incompatible" according to Google...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #19
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Nexus 7 have gps?
dont have one, i have samsung galaxy nexus phone but yes, as far as i can tell, nexus 7 does have gps...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
I don't see communities on my Google+ on the Arc app.

Update on Tune-in...was able to open one local station. Not able to open any others so can't imagine what the issue is.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
And I'm having no problems with TuneIn (as downloaded from the GoodEReader link I posted earlier) on my Arc... Really annoying that the same apps can have different problems for the same hardware. :/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #22
slippy
slippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than momslippy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
If you have your apps on an android phone and you have drop box and es explorer backup the app to es file explorer. Find the app in your backups and long press it. A menu will come up and select share. A choice of locations will come up select drop box. With drop box installed on your arc open it and down load the app apk.that you have saved to your arc. I did this with both ZPlayer (a brilliant music player) and TuneIn Pro both of which are working perfectly. I dare say another file explorer will have the same capability. Search the playstore for file explorers.Hope this helps
Thread Necromancy, but thanks Stevov
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #23
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattylibrarian View Post
Another thing that's frustrating is that the Canadian Google Play store only accepts Visa/MC. In the US, you can buy Google Play cards or use other credit cards. Even if I were to go to the US and purchase a Google Play card, I couldn't use it in the Canadian store. I know that's more of an Android problem than a Kobo problem, but right now the two are inextricably linked in my mind.
Not sure what you mean here. I purchased a couple Google Play cards from Future Shop (in Canada), redeemed them in Google Wallet, and use that balance for all my app purchases no problem. I have no credit card associated with my google account. (not on an Arc mind you, but that shouldn't make a difference to the purchase/use of Google Play cards via google wallet).
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #24
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
Not sure what you mean here. I purchased a couple Google Play cards from Future Shop (in Canada), redeemed them in Google Wallet, and use that balance for all my app purchases no problem. I have no credit card associated with my google account. (not on an Arc mind you, but that shouldn't make a difference to the purchase/use of Google Play cards via google wallet).
Um, do you realize that the post you are responding to is over a year old?
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #25
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Um, do you realize that the post you are responding to is over a year old?
Wasn't paying attention ... time for another coffee.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #26
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
Thread Necromancy, but thanks Stevov
your welcome.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #27
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattylibrarian View Post
Everytime I hear about a really great app that enhances the Android experience, it seems I hit a brick wall because the application isn't compatible with the Kobo Arc. I don't know if this is because the Arc is still using Android Ice Cream Sandwich, or because of the GPS requirements that have been talked about in other threads, but the overall user experience is starting to leave me with a bad aftertaste.
Has nothing to do with ICS, Arc with Jelly Bean has the same problem. Do the newer models still have this problem?

I've seen around 20 apps like this. Since my ICS phone has no problems, I backup apps with Quick System Info, transfer APK to Arc, install APK.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote