Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #61
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Redwood = The Invisible Government
chemical aerosol communications = chemtrails
wi-fi = low level mind control

Am I reading this correctly? How deep does the rabbit hole go?
Why would the trees tell us to cut them down and burn them? Have they decided that 1,000 years is just too long to live?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #62
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But did they check the wifi reception when they got to the top of the redwood tree?

And what does this have to do with bacon anyway?

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
And what does this have to do with bacon anyway?
Bacon would grow on trees in a perfect world.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #64
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Bacon would grow on trees in a perfect world.
Bacon tree:

Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #65
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
More scary radiation "sickness" (The Radioactive Boyscout Strikes Again):
http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

This longer version of the original story contains a lot more radioactive fun:
http://www.harpers.org/archive/1998/11/0059750
Obviously he should have waited 15 years and used K4s as his source, no one would even bat an eyelid (until their kids have 3 eyelids due to being horribly disfigured mutants).

Needless to say, I am going to be using these _extremely_dangerous_ K4s in my commercial wifi-powered reactor. Maybe get some mimo/n and then, move over cold fusion, the future is now!

Nutritional Information:
This post contains 0 content.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #66
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Radiation, tin-foil hats, and Bacon Bacon ice cream.

I'd say this qualifies as one of the best threads ever.

Good show.
I'm with the Lemur!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #67
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm with the Lemur!
And don't forget the story of the radioactive boy scout, and the awesome bacon tree video.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #68
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Quality post! I won't need to go relaxing in the Lounge forum today. ...
But now we spread some "joy-food" goodness to the lounge forum too (for both both guys and gals, but mostly guys):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2203684

Enjoy!

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #69
geekmaster

An announcement for the ultimate in manly comfort food:

Burger King has announced the national rollout (USA only so far) of the BACON SUNDAE:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/13/...dae-is-coming/

Yes, you heard that right! Bacon and icecream, made legitimate by a major fast food restaurant chain. How cool is that?

But for the DIY crowd who just can't wait (or just can't find a Burger King that is serving bacon sundaes), just how hard is it to crumble a bacon strip over your ice cream anyway? Even a guy has the cooking skils to get that right!

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-30-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #70
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Hogwash. The radiation from cell phones and wi-fi devices is non-ionizing radiation, also known as heat. You receive far more radiation from the sun, or even the cosmic microwave background radiation that has bombarded our planet since its formation.
This is correct. This is THE only sane response I could find on this thread.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
But now we spread some "joy-food" goodness to the lounge forum too (for both both guys and gals, but mostly guys):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2203684

Enjoy!
I had to shut down my IPv6 tunnel and fall back to my IPv4 canadian ISP address to fully enjoy the "Chocolate" video. My tunnel endpoint resides in an apparently forbidden country
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	forbiddencountry.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	91580

Sigh, the world is full of discrimination: Guys vs Gals, IPv4 vs IPv6 and now Europe vs Yankees.

GM thanks for brigning some fairness to an otherwise unbiased thread, but bacon still wins.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #72
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
This is correct. This is THE only sane response I could find on this thread.
So my replies that including quotes and offsite links to show where I got my facts were not sane? The "only" sane post did not give anything but a statement of opinion (which just happens to be correct).

So apparently too much factual evidence from irrefutable sources is not sane, but briefly stating an opinion that aligns with your own personal beliefs is the "only" sane post?

Or, is it the humorous posts thrown into the mix that makes you automatically discount as "not sane" everything else that I have to say here, regardless of evidence?

The "responses" do not include the original first post, so what is your personal judgement on that (sane or not sane)? I do not understand why you think that ALL of the "responses" in this thread except one are "not sane".

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-31-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #73
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
An announcement for the ultimate in manly comfort food:
Burger King has announced the national rollout (USA only so far) of the BACON SUNDAE:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/13/...dae-is-coming/
Yes, you heard that right! Bacon and icecream, made legitimate by a major fast food restaurant chain. How cool is that?
But for the DIY crowd who just can't wait (or just can't find a Burger King that is serving bacon sundaes), just how hard is it to crumble a bacon strip over your ice cream anyway? Even a guy has the cooking skils to get that right!
I've had one from burger king. they are actually really good!
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #74
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I've had one from burger king. they are actually really good!
Okay, you convinced me. I am getting ready to go to my nearest Burger King and check out this manly concoction myself, while it is still available on their summer promotion. I will post my opinion when I get back.

I called ahead. They have them! Away we go! Bacon!

EDIT: Yes, I had it, and it was good. I would do it again for certain. But it would be much more affordable to build a DIY (Do It Yourself / Homebrew) version.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-31-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #75
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The "only" sane post did not give anything but a statement of opinion (which just happens to be correct).
I don't think there was much correct about it.

There's all sorts of EM radiation in nature, including light and heat, and that does not mean it always harmless to create an artificial source of it and stand next to it for hours on end.

Just because we get lots of nice visible light and heat from the sun, doesn't mean it's OK to stare into a laser or stick your hand in an infrared barbeque.

That some sources of 2.4GHz may be harmless, even with long constant exposure, does not mean you should dry your dog in the microwave.

The lack of proof of any harm does not make an equally proof-less dismissal of all concern any more valid.

Personally, I'd like to see little more unbiased, long-term scientific study on the effect of all the new EM sources we've created in the last century.
For that matter, I'd like to see more study in capturing that ambient EMR to power all our devices...cuz, heck, if it turns out there is enough energy there to hurt us, we might as well put it to good use!

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-31-2012 at 06:03 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote