Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #601
theobets
theobets began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Still no sign of "change language" setting in Duokan ((kt)2012-06-29.C12125.rtm version)
theobets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #602
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks for the mirrors.

BTW: you can use OTA update ( probably faster)
I used OTA update for the first time. But after update I go to return to Kindle, it restart but go to usb mode. To exit from this mode I press power button for 20 seconds to power off, when I power on in duokan start screen press HOME and finally boot in Kindle OS. There is a bug in OTA update? I have k4 NT.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #603
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
...it restart but go to usb mode.
usb mode of DuoKan or the KindleOS? if it is the latter then DuoKan may not be responsible for this error.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #604
michcss
michcss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by michcss View Post
Hi,
I've got Kindle 4.1.0 Firware (on Kindle 4 non touch) and I'm trying to use newest Doukan 4.7. I've copied DK_System, data.tar.gz, ENABLE_DIAGS and diagnostic_logs to kindle, ejected device, unpluged usb, restart kindle. I goes to "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags"> “R) Reboot System” > “Q) To continue" and then during installation appears "Device is Kindle 4 WiFi (K4) (OK, DuoKan is ready for the device) ... NEED 48MB, AVAILABLE 0MB, NOT ENOUGH SPACE, SHORTAGE 48 MB, REBOOT in ... seconds...".

I've got stock firware with none modifications, and on the device is over 1gb free space.
I've received response from DuoKan:
Quote:
Please check the step 2, the correct operation is:

> D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags
> D) Disable Diagnostics
> Q) To continue

Duokan Dev Team
hmm
michcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #605
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michcss View Post
I've received response from DuoKan:

hmm
Did it work?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #606
michcss
michcss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Did it work?
I've just checked. It works. Free space 114MB. In this original chinese manual there is really 'disable diagnostics'.
michcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #607
Tain
Tain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I made a new topic instead of posting into this thread; fixing that now. Anyways, here is my problem:

I'm using this version(download link) and trying to follow this guide
I'm using the latest firmware (4.1).
  • First I copy DK_System to the kindle disk
  • Then I copy data.tar.gz
  • I eject the disk
  • Then I restart the kindle and nothing happens

I've done this many times and I've achieved nothing. Someone care to help?
Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #608
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
I'm using this version(download link) and trying to follow this guide
I'm using the latest firmware (4.1).
the guide on this link is for the fw before 4.1. Now you need to use the diags screen:
since installation of Duokan on Kindle 4 and Kindle Touch is the same you can follow this guide
ie:
  1. Copy Folders: DK_System, diagnostic_logs and files: ENABLE_DIAGS data.tar.gz into Kindle
  2. Restart using menu>settings>menu>restart
  3. (it reboots into diags) On this screen click D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags > D) Disable Diagnostics > Q) To continue

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duokan for Kindle Touch9193ce91cda900a4-1.jpg
Views:	6189
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	88634 Click image for larger version

Name:	Duokan for Kindle Touch9193ce91cda900a4-5.jpg
Views:	8186
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	88633

Last edited by thomass; 04-05-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added the youtube video
Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #609
Tain
Tain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
the guide on this link is for the fw before 4.1. Now you need to use the diags screen:
since installation of DUokan on Kindle 4 and Kindle Touch is the same you can follow this guide
ie:
  1. Copy Folders: DK_System, diagnostic_logs and files: ENABLE_DIAGS data.tar.gz into Kindle
  2. Restart using menu>settings>menu>restart
  3. (it reboots into diags) On this screen click D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags > D) Disable Diagnostics > Q) To continue

Attachment 88634 Attachment 88633
It worked! Thank you!
Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #610
chaplin89
chaplin89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
New version released (4.8) http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-68461-1-1.html

Even more bugfix, no reference to localization support on K5 (although I haven't yet tried it)
chaplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #611
thomass
Wizard

DuoKan Dev Team's response about the localisation support:
Quote:
Currently we're focusing on our DuoKan book store and don't have enough resources for multi-language support. It's in the schedule and we'll support it when we have resources.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #612
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Duoakn bugs from 2012-06-21 ... 2012-07-04.
If I use anything else than Elegent under Layout Style, you get missing line when you read book every 3-4 pages.
When I put elegant, everything is fine.

Anyone noticed that?
The book I read is The Most Wanted Man - John Le Carre.
Where can I submit the bug?!

Thank you.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #613
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
Where can I submit the bug?!
kindleuser@duokan.com
Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #614
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Thank you thomass,
I submited bug to this address.
In my Duokan I do have dictionary, but is some default dictionary english+chinese.

Where can I get .dict for Duokan, or how to convert originaly
Oxford_Dictionary_of_English.azw and
The_New_Oxford_American_Dictionary.azw

to Duokan dcitionary formats.

Thank you.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #615
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
Where can I get .dict for Duokan, or how to convert originaly
Oxford_Dictionary_of_English.azw ..
Duokan uses stadict format for its dictionaries. Therefore you "should" find a dict in this format (see the first post for some links) or convert . For example there is a good described way to convert babylon dicts to stardict format. (see the posts starting from this one )

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf