Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Adding Series Numbers with Calibre when sideloading

Hi,

I had a Kobo before, have recently switched to the T1.

Can you sideload with calibre so the series title will show up in the library listing on the T1?

On the Kobo there was a string you could use with calibre, but I can't seem to find that here, maybe I'm just overlooking it

Thanks for any help
Fehmarn
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
This post should help
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
With the Sony, you don't need to put the series and number in the title, you can create a collection with the Series Name, and put them in Series Order within the collection.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #4
mochaiso
mochaiso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
With the Sony, you don't need to put the series and number in the title, you can create a collection with the Series Name, and put them in Series Order within the collection.
Really? My PRS-T1 with latest firmware has the following sort options for the collections; "added order, date, time, author, file name". Any further details you have on your statement above I'd love to know about since I applied the tweaks in Calibre described in the post in order to properly order some of my book collections. Thanks.
mochaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochaiso View Post
Really? My PRS-T1 with latest firmware has the following sort options for the collections; "added order, date, time, author, file name". Any further details you have on your statement above I'd love to know about since I applied the tweaks in Calibre described in the post in order to properly order some of my book collections. Thanks.
Sorting by "added order" will put the books in the proper serieorder. I have no idea why Sony uses such a nonintuitive name as "added order".
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
mochaiso

That doesn't work for me. "Added order" literally puts the series numbered books in the order that I added (uploaded) them from calibre.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochaiso View Post
That doesn't work for me. "Added order" literally puts the series numbered books in the order that I added (uploaded) them from calibre.
I refer you back to post #2, where Polarpenguin kindly references my very detailed (and long) step-by-step on managing Sony Collections and series info. It will take you a lot longer to READ it than DO it
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
worked perfect, thanks been looking for this for a while
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
mochaiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I refer you back to post #2, where Polarpenguin kindly references my very detailed (and long) step-by-step on managing Sony Collections and series info. It will take you a lot longer to READ it than DO it
That was the point I was making. I needed to follow that procedure in order to get series ordering; series ordering is not otherwise capable with the PRS T1. Actually, I made my own changes to Polarpeguin's procedure to customize the order and fields that the series, author, title, etc are displayed on the PRS T1.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Thanks for all your help here - I guess I'll have to find myself some quiet time and get down to business with the long instructions for the second post.

Thanks
Fehmarn
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote