Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #16
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
Also with usbnet, yours or the previous script, I have so far not been able to configure the network on both sides in such a way that one can browse the internet from inside the DR with midori. ( I tried the instructions in the old usbnet thread, but without success). Did anybody manage to do that ?
I did a second try today, but couldn't get it working either.... Anyone else perhaps?
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #17
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
On a 3rd try I've been able to browse the web on the DR1000. It turned out to be a lot simpler than I thought. The mistake I made was executing the "route add.." command before setting up usbnet instead of after.

All the steps to get it working on my machine (Ubuntu 11.04):

Only needed once:
- Download Midori from here (thanks to dixon for porting this) and copy to SD.
- Edit /etc/resolv.conf on your DR (use the same settings as on the host).

Needed every time:
- Use the scripts from dima_tr to set up usbnet on the DR and the host.
- Do "route add default gw 192.168.200.1" on the DR.
- Start Midori from the Programs folder :)

You can also add the last command (adding to routing table) to the usbnet2 script from dima_tr (after ifconfig) to make things easier.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #18
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Thanks for finding and publishing the detailed steps. Currently I do not have any time to play with this, but I will do in the future.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
MrVer
MrVer began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
What if host is Windows XP, still possible to do this trick?
MrVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #20
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
it depends what you mean by "trick", if it is to connect to the internet, the first thing you have to get working is usbnet, there are different versions for the DR1000 and the DR800,

on the XP side I believe that you will be able to communicate with the device using the driver
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=gadget&page=2
from post 19

alternatively, see
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=usbnet&page=2
post number 19 and 21

before launching midori, it is important to follow all the steps described in the previous post on the DR and to try to ping to say www.google.com to check if IP forwarding is working
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #21
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Can someone please upload the file "liberipc.so.0" found in /usr/lib/?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-17-2012 at 11:27 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #22
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
here you go ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip liberipc.zip (13.7 KB, 574 views)
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote