Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
asdfgh
asdfgh began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Can I avoid registering?

Hullo, Internet friends.

I just got my PE from Woot, pretty excited about using it. I don't want to register though. This is more an issue of principle and abject annoyance than paranoia or anything: thing doesn't even say what I'm registering for, aside from "full use", which is, I think we can agree, a condescending, meaningless bit of textual drivel.

Anyone know how I can skip registration?
asdfgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi asdfgh, welcome to MobileRead.

If you don't register, at least with Adobe, you won't be able to download and read Adobe epub files with DRM. Other than that, and getting updates wirelessly, you can skip it.

Seems to me I saw the instructions for that on the enTourage support site: http://entourageedge.com/support/

If you don't find it there, and you still want to skip registration, let us know and someone who knows more than I do will (hopefully!) answer you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
...Anyone know how I can skip registration?
At the registration screen with the LCD on the right click in the corners counterclockwise starting with the upper left, lower left, etc. Have not tried it myself, but it was reported to work. Out of curiosity why not register? It is after all only automatic method of upgrading, at least through Dingo 1.13 (PE).

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 07-07-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added link to graphic
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
Anyone know how I can skip registration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote