Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Ooo I really want the swimsuit one. (Others too but I need a swimsuit bad lol)
I'll split it with you. You get the swimsuit and I get the stuffing
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #122
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
They have very quickly abandoned the original Kindle related offers. Hopefully they will get back to the original type of offer as these latest offers are just discounts or highly marked up items. Much more of this and I'm going with the remover hack.

I'll fight you for the stuffing!

I'm not getting any responses over here in the developer's corner. If anyone would take a look there and see if they have any ideas, I would appreciate it. I'm just curious.

Last edited by chas0039; 06-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:03 AM   #123
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Patio furniture ...like, wow ...I hope they offer prune juice soon
That's what I thought. Yeah, guess the days of the good offers on the KSO are already over. Oh well. I still don't mind having spent $25 less on my kindle, though!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #124
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I've been less than impressed with the not-so-special offers lately too. Fortunately, I was able to take advantage of the $100 gift certificate when I opened an Amazon Rewards account. That alone almost paid for the KSO. Even though I don't like to open new credit card accounts, I made an exception for that offer.

Hopefully Amazon monitors the response to the special offers, as presumably the book-related offers get the most responses, and will focus on that type of special offer. Otherwise, it's not really a special offer - it's just advertising.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #125
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Otherwise, it's not really a special offer - it's just advertising.

SteveK
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #126
chas0039
Sceptic

Does anyone have any way of confirming if they will be giving us the $20 gift card offer that they promised and then stiffed us on for Father's day? Maybe the link where they said they would be doing it?

Thanks

Edit. I found the press release, still on Amazon's site. I guess marketing doesn't bother to read what they released. Hopefully, some of what they promised will yet show up.

Last edited by chas0039; 06-12-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Does anyone have any way of confirming if they will be giving us the $20 gift card offer that they promised and then stiffed us on for Father's day? Maybe the link where they said they would be doing it?

Thanks

Edit. I found the press release, still on Amazon's site. I guess marketing doesn't bother to read what they released. Hopefully, some of what they promised will yet show up.
Father's Day is next Sunday and the next offer will drop Monday at midnight. That's the likely gift card offer and just in time for Father's Day.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #128
chas0039
Sceptic

Quote:
Father's Day is next Sunday and the next offer will drop Monday at midnight. That's the likely gift card offer and just in time for Father's Day.
Well, stupid me! I thought Father's Day was today. Why didn't you guys catch how dumb I was and stop me from ranting on before I looked even more ridiculous?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #129
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Well, stupid me! I thought Father's Day was today. Why didn't you guys catch how dumb I was and stop me from ranting on before I looked even more ridiculous?
Lol because I didn't realize they had so much time between now and Father's Day. I have my dates confused and thought they were too late to release it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #130
jrmiller580
jrmiller580 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Does this mean the KSo is going to be free?

Quote:
These are the exclusive offers (US only) presented so far for the new Kindles:
Stay tuned, the next offer should appear Jun 14, 2011

KSO Adjusted Price = Free + $59 extra
Sockmonkey, Does this mean if I buy the KSO I will get it free? They are going to adjust the price? Can you explain this?

Thanks Tons!
jrmiller580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #131
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
You're welcome. Check this link out to see what the screensavers look like.

It'll be a great gift. The small ad at the bottom of the home page doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I spend very little time on the home page to begin with.
Interesting. I don't need a new Kindle at the moment since I just got mine in March, but it's interesting to see examples of the ads. They're on sale now at Wal-Mart though I haven't seen the KSO unit in operation myself. Most of the ereaders seem to always be turned off or recharging when I'm in the store. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #132
chas0039
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiller580 View Post
Sockmonkey, Does this mean if I buy the KSO I will get it free? They are going to adjust the price? Can you explain this?

Thanks Tons!
I don't want to speak for Sockmonkey, but he is representing what the cost would be if you had bought the KSO back in April and had taken advantage of all the same offers that he did, I believe.

You will not get the KSO for free. They are not adjusting the price. You can just use the savings on the offers to effectively lower the KSO cost to you. It is a bookkeeping adjustment.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiller580 View Post

Thanks Tons!
Sorry for the confusion. I added an explanation to the opening post.

You will only get your KSO for free if you take advantage of offers you intended to pay full price for anyway. That's how I did it.

To date, there have been 12 offers. Of those 12, I've jumped on 6 of them (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8) for a total savings of $173. Doing the math, $114 - $173 = free KSO.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-14-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #134
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
So what was the offer that came out today? Or does it come out at midnight?*

I sent my KSO wifi back, so I can't check! I did, however, order the KSO 3G which should be here tomorrow.

eta: forgot to say I thought father's day was yesterday too!

*and D"OH! It says in a post just a bit above me that they come out MOnday at Midnight! Posting without reading carefully....not my smartest move!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #135
chas0039
Sceptic

Offer today was the swimsuit. Looks like they are leaving the gift card to the last minute.