Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #16
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
It's not a bug because it's all about priority - css is cascading, and the 'remove blank lines' feature is a big giant hammer that takes highest priority the way it inserts itself into the css. In order for extra css to work after you've used that feature you need to define extra_css in a way that takes HIGHER priority. That can only be done by reviewing the html/css manually so you know what classes to override.

I think people have explained this to you in several of the half dozen threads you've got going on this same topic.

If you want fine grained control, keep a backup of your original, and just use extra css during conversion. If you want to tweak something, restore your original, tweak the extra css, re-convert. Avoid the remove blank lines feature - it was designed for users who wanted brain dead simple formatting.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
the remove blank lines feature - it was designed for users who wanted brain dead simple formatting.
Hey! I resemble that remark.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 AM   #18
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
It's not a bug because it's all about priority - css is cascading, and the 'remove blank lines' feature is a big giant hammer that takes highest priority the way it inserts itself into the css. In order for extra css to work after you've used that feature you need to define extra_css in a way that takes HIGHER priority. That can only be done by reviewing the html/css manually so you know what classes to override.

I think people have explained this to you in several of the half dozen threads you've got going on this same topic.
yes I understand it - I'd settle for improved documentation. the existing guide suggest that extra css is the big hammer that can crack anything, and the indents/blank lines feature has no warnings about not being reversible.

I won't mention it again - promise :-)
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #19
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark.

I realized that after I wrote it - figured you'd understand I met brain dead in terms of simplicity, not user profile...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
sunny1z
Enthusiast
sunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
this is interesting.

what was the css setting to get the desired result for the different line spacing?
sunny1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
sunny1z
Enthusiast
sunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura aboutsunny1z has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
what was the css setting to get the desired result?
sunny1z is offline   Reply With Quote