Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
firstname
Enthusiast
firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KT2 currently, soon PW3
Question Select a hidden folder?

KOreader has asked me to select a hidden folder in the file manager, but I am unsure which directory this should be. Please tell me, should I create a folder like /documents/.kohidden which my computer, and select that as the directory in the KOreader file manager?
firstname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Where is KOReader asking you "to select a hidden folder" ? There is a menu option to "Show hidden files", but that is to make it so hidden files and folders are displayed in the File Browser. Is this part of a plug-in function?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
firstname
Enthusiast
firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.firstname solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KT2 currently, soon PW3
Arrow

It happened when I first installed KOReader, possible when I first went into the file manager.

I do not think I have installed any KOReader plug - I am new to this.
firstname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The use of a "hidden" folder is of great value to those with a Kobo device, I don't know how it would work, for Kindle devices. It has been a number of years since I installed KOReader from scratch, I am usually just merging, a new koreader folder into an existing structure on my Kobo device, that has "hidden" folders. I can't remember ever seeing where KOReader asked for a "hidden" folder, maybe it is a Kindle thing?

Maybe a Kindle KOReader user can post some advice.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:45 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I searched all of the source for "hidden" to be absolutely sure and there are no hidden hiddens hiding hid.

@firstname I'm afraid I don't know what you could be referring to. The reason you might want to use a hidden folder to store your documents is so that another program won't index them. On Kobo if the default software (NIckel) sees new files it starts an indexing process while locking you out. Whether there's any point to using hidden folders depends on whether Kindle does something similar.

KOReader doesn't care either way.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert