Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
kwasi
kwasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Android app on Nexus 7 tablet
Question Connecting to Kindle Android App in a Nexus 7

Hello. This is my first post here.

I recently installed Calibre on my PC. I am not sure if it already supports connection to Kindle Android app on a Nexus 7 tablet.

Is that possible, by cable or by air? I mean, I know I could do some tweaks (for example, as my Calibre library folder is in my Dropbox folder, I can access it at my Nexus 7 tablet through Dropbox Android app), but I thought it could be done by "click and drag" in Calibre, as it is shown in the video tutorial.

Please, could you help me? If my request is not clear enough, please tell me.

Looking forward to your answer,

--
kwasi
kwasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
kwasi
kwasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Android app on Nexus 7 tablet
Question

Hello again.

I want to add that I've already read this help item :

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....d-phone-tablet

According to that, I can only "connect" Calibre to my Android device using a USB cable if my device is assigned a disk letter.

That's not the case of my Nexus 7 tablet: I think the device is not assigned any letter by my PC. BUT it is shown in "Portable devices" section on my computer, and when double-clicking it, I can see "Internal Storage", and then I can see several folders in it, including a "Kindle" folder. The path for that folder is:

"Computer\Nexus 7\Internal storage\kindle",

so no "disk letter", as far as I understand.

By the way, I am using a PC with Windows 7 as OS.

So... Is it true that I can't "click and drag" books to my device, or browse books in my device using Calibre?? Is there any "plug-in" or something?

I look forward to your help.
kwasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is true: calibre does not currently support connecting the Nexus 7 using cable. You need to use some other method. One is the one you mentioned: dropbox paired with calibre's connect to folder. Another is Calibre Companion. Some people have used sftp, and some people use calibre's web server.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android 7" tablet, calibre, connection issues, kindle app, nexus 7