Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePearce View Post
Within the UK the crown holds the copyright "In Perpetuity" (for ever!!)
That is no longer true. The crown copyright on the KJV will expire in, I think, 2040. The "perpetual" aspect of it was abolished a few years ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:38 AM   #32
Shtop
Shtop began at the beginning.

Device: PRS300
Great stuff, works very well on my PRS300.
Shtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #33
mowbray
mowbray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That is no longer true. The crown copyright on the KJV will expire in, I think, 2040. The "perpetual" aspect of it was abolished a few years ago.
Does this mean that UK users can or can't download this bible?
mowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #34
hcobb
hcobb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quick Kindle Conversion

I used your HTML file as a stress test for automatic TOC via OpenOffice Writer.

http://www.io.com/~hcobb/bible.mobi

It's a bit rough, but it's the first free Bible I've seen for the Kindle that has a working TOC button.

Speaking of what to do with an electronic bible, do we really need cross references? After all you can search from any part to any other part by select and paste or just typing in the search term.
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowbray View Post
Does this mean that UK users can or can't download this bible?
Can't.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Speaking of what to do with an electronic bible, do we really need cross references? After all you can search from any part to any other part by select and paste or just typing in the search term.
That depends what device you're using. Many don't have a "search" facility.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #37
michaelministry
michaelministry will become famous soon enoughmichaelministry will become famous soon enoughmichaelministry will become famous soon enoughmichaelministry will become famous soon enoughmichaelministry will become famous soon enoughmichaelministry will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600
Incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You're Welcome

I hope you find some use for it.
Sherman! I really want to thank you for this great work you did!
I have just got my first ereader a Sony PRS-600 and I love it. I have a lot of Word doc files, and rtf files, that I would love to find out how to make the links within the documents work in the Sony reader. I tried making bookmarks then links to the bookmarks within the document but when I loaded in on my Sony they no longer work.

Can you direct me to how to do this or if they are converted to epub is there an easier way to do it.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me!

Michael
michaelministry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #38
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Hmm, I don't usuallly work with Word or RTF documents. However when I do, I almost always save them as "Web Page (Filtered)" and import the HTML file into Calibre.

I'm not sure about the links-if they work in the outputted HTNL, they should work in the calibre converted ePub file.
If they don't work you may need to edit the HTML file yourself and add the links manually.

Hope this helps any.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #39
Rolech
Rolech began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite*sold/psr300 returned/Kindle2 sold/Sony 600/palm treo 680
.bz2

Is the .bz2 file the same as the epub? my windows 7 won't open .bz2
Thanks
Rolech
Rolech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #40
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On windows, use 7-Zip to extract the file.

The ePub is the file that is ready to go straight on the reader.

The bz2 file contains the HTML file that I used to create the ePub file.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #41
Rolech
Rolech began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite*sold/psr300 returned/Kindle2 sold/Sony 600/palm treo 680
Thank You

Thank you Sherman, you are very helpful, looking forward to my Sony Reader to arrive this week so I can try it!
Would you or any one you can recommend be interested in creating an epub document for me? I do a post on iJesus Glorylist (maybe 20 year) about 1 page long. I save these on Word and would like to at the end of the year combine them into one ebooklet with a TOC that can go to each individual writing.
If so what is a reasonable price to pay for a job of this sort.
Sorry to bug you but if you could I have one more question. Is their an advantage to to epub vs. Sony's Bbe lrf format in terms of the Sony Readers ability to navigate TOC or other functionalities?
I have a feeling alot of these questions are going to be moot next year as at some point manufactures are going to put better reader software on their machines.

Thanks again
Rolech
Robert
Rolech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #42
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Thank you Sherman! I'm new again to the ebook world, and currently and planning (read "scheming") to get a B&N Nook. Curiously, in the B&N desktop reader, the software seems to have a need to "count the chapters" each time I open the book, and again each I open or close the TOC, or the bookmarks, or annotations.No one else has mentioned that little quirk, so I presume its either commonly accepted or (more likely) an uncommon symptom.

I've seen no other Nook users in this thread. Heathens.
;-)
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #43
Pussyfoots
Pussyfoots began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you. This is the best one I've found.
Pussyfoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #44
sherman
Guru

You're Welcome.

Although I have no idea how it works on the Nook...
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #45
Pussyfoots
Pussyfoots began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
It works great and I love being able to the book and then select the chapter. The whole Bible is there. I also enjoy the fact that I can make the font larger or smaller so it is easier to read. Thanks again for a job well done.
Pussyfoots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bible, spiritual